Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Primordia Sequel / Spin-Off Illustrated Novella  (Read 12512 times)

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
Primordia Sequel / Spin-Off Illustrated Novella
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »
In response to fans' request, we are releasing "Fallen," a combination illustrated novella and audiobook.  You can read more about it on our Facebook site, where you can also download the first part:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wormwood-Studios/47815438015

"Fallen" will be entirely free as our way of saying thanks.
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline sndwv

• View Profile
Re: Primordia Sequel / Spin-Off Illustrated Novella
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
Awesome! Still no excuse to throw more money your way though... Maybe a ltd. ed. of the game (on a working DVD ;)) + the animated audiobook, concept art, soundtrack etc. once the series is completed? Would love to buy one!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:18:51 PM by sndwv »

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:58:09 PM »
We'll see.  It's not really about getting more money -- more about saying thanks to the fans who have been so enthusiastic about the game!
Wormwood Studios

Offline ceildric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
That's very generous of you guys, especially since the story is such a big part of what made Primordia (and most adventure games really) the memorable experience it was.

On a related note, I hope you might consider getting involved with the new Steam Trading Card system, and release some Primordia trading cards, backgrounds, and emoticons.  I would love to collect them, and I am sure that being an early part of the trading card experiment, it would drive some more sales your way.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 12:23:47 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion -- we'll look into it!
Wormwood Studios

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 11:02:09 AM »
"Forever Fallen," the third part of Fallen, is now available here:

http://www.primordiagame.com/Fallen_Part_3.pdf

For those joining us late in the process, Fallen is a spoiler-free spin-off graphic novella set after Primordia.  You can get the whole PDF here:

http://www.primordiagame.com/Fallen_Complete.pdf

You can also get a RAR containing a ePub of the novella here:

http://www.primordiagame.com/Fallen_Complete.rar

If anyone knows how to fix the outrageous ePub file size -- 330 MB, which compresses to 3 MB -- please drop me a line!  (I know it has thousands of unnecessary background images, but I don't know how to take them out.)

The audio installments are slightly delayed, but will follow soon.
Wormwood Studios

Offline Alyx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 04:40:30 AM »
......(there is spoilers (for both the game and sequel) beyond this point).........
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

didnt like the story. because, it was about a human. a human that was trying to destroy all the robots so humans could take the world. especially the end there, where it makes it seem like humans are righteous for believing they are superior and deserve the world. it made it sound like sometime in the future, the robots would be destroyed and humans would come back. didnt like that at all.

it also takes away the mystery of what happened to the humans or who really where the humans. it kinda "destroys" the setting for the game, in a way. the only thing it does is give reason as to why MetroMind does not believe in humans and doesnt want anyone to worship them (if she actually knows the real reason and what humans are actually doing, dont know there). but, that could have been left "mysterious". it also reveals more about Thanatos, but that too could have been just left mysterious and vague.

not trying to bash your story or anything. its really appreciative that you would make more story for the game, and for free, for the fans. just didnt like it and think it was a poor sequel. but that doesnt stop me from looking forward to anything else you might have planned.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 11:36:09 AM »
Sorry you didn't like it more, but thanks for the feedback!  You're definitely right that the more the setting gets expanded, the more the mysteries get lost, which was a real concern I had.
Wormwood Studios

Offline moddx_

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 05:46:28 AM »
hello there,
I rebuild the epub file, without background and optimized it for 758 x 1024 (res. of my Odyssey HD). I don't have a 600x800 reader to test out how it looks on those, but I guess the pictures need to get shrinked a little more (otherwise awkward stuff can happen).

I also tested it with an ereader app on my pc, but there the ornate line separator looks kinda wrong (too large etc; could be that the same accounts for 600x800  readers).

Btw: In general it's a rather bad idea to use backgrounds in epubs, because you can't foresay the screensize/resolution ;)

Link: http://5.9.101.147/Fallen_Complete.epub

greetings,
moddx

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 12:39:10 AM »
Wow!  Thanks so much!  I can't believe you took the time to do this, and I really appreciate it.  Can I go ahead and spread this around?
Wormwood Studios

Offline moddx_

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 07:28:33 AM »
Sure you can!
Always glad to help  :)

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »
Silly question, but when I view it in Calibre, the pages with illustrations seem to be followed by blank pages.  Am I using outdated software, or is that by design or what?  Thanks!
Wormwood Studios

Offline moddx_

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »
yes thats one of the image size 'bugs'.
When resizing the images to something smaller or equal to 600x800, it will work fine.

Try this one:

http://5.9.101.147/Fallen_Complete_600x800.epub