Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Can I give you more money?  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Deadboss420

• View Profile
Can I give you more money?
« on: May 16, 2013, 03:41:14 AM »
First off, I want to say that this game was a complete blast to finish. I just recently finished it, cried a little inside because it ended (and I never got to fix Crispin!), and am left wanting more. There are obviously still the achievements and little easter eggs to finish off, so I am sure my adventure has not ended quite yet.

I am serious- let me give you more money! I paid like $4 for it off gog.com (and who knows how much of that you guys actually see) and I want to support you guys so that you can make an xpac or Primordia 2, along with the rest of your games that I am sure are awesome, although I have not played them... YET!

Again, awesome job on this game, it is refreshing to see a game in modern time with the amount of care that you put into this game. I could go on a rant about games nowadays, but ill spare you guys ;).

Leave me a paypal so I can donate please. Also, are there any plans for Primordia 2 yet?

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
Re: Can I give you more money?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 05:14:47 PM »
What a wonderful message!

To begin with, no, don't give us any more money.  If you enjoyed Primordia's story, you could spend that money on some books or games you might also enjoy -- Hyperion or Planescape: Torment, from a philosophical standpoint, Cyberiad from a robots-on-a-journey standpoint.  You also can't go wrong with Grim Fandango or Loom!  You could also look at the rest of Wadjet Eye's catalogue: although each game has its own developer (which is to say, Primordia is the only game developed by our team), they share a similar feel and they're all labors of love by their respective teams.

If there's nothing else you want to spend the money on, perhaps you could buy Primordia as a gift for a friend.  But between buying our game (and thus paying us to do something that was wonderfully fun) and posting such a nice message, you certainly don't need to do anything more for us!*  (* Maybe rate us on GOG.com and Metacritic.com?)

There's no plans for Primordia 2, but we are going to release a multimedia story set in the same universe, I think around the end of this month.
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
In lieu of a donate button, there are 10 other games from us you could buy! Or you could purchase the soundtrack, which is now available from Sumthing Music.

Offline Deadboss420

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Been pretty busy lately and haven't had time to respond. I will definitely be buying all your games! Just downloading the Blackwell pack now actually :D

I guess I was kind of in shock after completing Primordia that I just felt that $4 was quite a steal. I got a soft spot for indie anything, I feel the need to pay street peddlers and performers extra money because I want them to keep doing what they do! Its where the real heart and soul is, most huge companies just lose touch with everything.

Anyways, I look forward to the Primordia "multimedia story set", I will definitely be buying that ASAP. Oh, and of course Blackwell  ;D I will be leaving a review on GOG as well!

I'm going to miss Horus and his little buddy Crispin  :'( here's to wishful thinking that you or some cult following revisits the first game...

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 05:49:44 PM »
I will definitely be buying that ASAP

It's free. :D
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia