Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Another bug in the game primordia  (Read 4897 times)

Offline INTESA

• View Profile
Another bug in the game primordia
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:48:21 PM »
At the end of the game I spoke to MetroRazum and saying not to join it. Begins video clip and throws me out of the game, indicating failure. I really like the game, but this is not the first such case! The first time was a mistake in choosing the junk on the map. But you have made the correction. What should I do now?

Offline INTESA

• View Profile
Re: Another bug in the game primordia
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:13:31 AM »
An internal error has occurred. Please note down the following information.
If the problem persists, post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.
(ACI version 3.21.1115)

Error:Direct3DDevice9::CreateTexture(X=4096, Y=32, FMT=21)
failed: error code 8876086C

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 01:03:47 AM »
Hi Intesa,

Though I'm just the writer, I had a couple follow-up diagnostic questions. 

First, are you by any chance playing a version that has had a fan translation patch applied?  I ask because I note that you call MetroMind "MetroRazum" -- Slovenian, right? -- making me think that maybe you're playing the Russian version and are thus unaware of her English name.  I have no objections to people use the fan translations (Wadjet Eye may feel differently), but if you are, there are reports on the Zone of Games website indicating that the current patch causes crashes.  You may be better off asking there than here.

Second, are you playing the most current version of the game?   The junkpile crash was fixed in a recent patch, which makes me think that you may be playing an older version.  You can get the newest version wherever you got the last one (be that direct from WEG, through GOG or Steam, or -- sigh -- elsewhere).

If you're running a legitimate copy of the latest version without any fan patches applied, we can try to diagnose further.

Sorry not to be of more help!

Mark
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline INTESA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 07:41:03 PM »
Hello! Thanks for the reply. No I play the original version. I play on steam. How do I update the game if necessary? I installed it about 3 weeks ago. Might be worth just reinstall it?
And take this opportunity to immediately ask: explain how to get this achievement in Steam? - We're all in this together
Finish the game with all possible robots.

which all robots are meant?

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »
Huh.  The Steam version should automatically update.  But I haven't heard of anyone else having this crash.  Dave, any thoughts?

As for the achievement, it's a bit of a spoiler to answer.  Basically, in certain endings, robots you've helped and saved will show up.  If you get all the possible robots to show up, then you get the achievement.  If you want more specifics, I can tell you.

-EDIT-

Sometimes crashed occur when you save with one version and then patch to a new one.  But no new patches should've come out over the past three weeks.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:59:17 PM by MarkYohalem »
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »
Could I ask what your system specs are? The error sound like your computer might be having trouble with Dirct3D drivers. If your computer is on the older side, you can try running the game in DirectDraw mode and seeing if that works. You can change graphic drivers by running the WINSETUP.EXE file in the game's folder. If you make the change and the game freezes on startup, that means your computer is too new to run DirctDraw and we'll need to solve the problem some other way. :)

Sorry for the problem!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:33:31 AM by DaveGilbert »