Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: I have a story for an adventure game  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Damian

• View Profile
I have a story for an adventure game
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:28:57 PM »
I have a short story that would make a great little adventure game in the style of 'Gabriel Knight/Dark Seed'. I tend to write fiction in my spare time but this story stands out as a playable, intriguing mystery game. The question is, not being technical in any way - how or where do you pitch an idea for a developer or how much would it cost to fund a project like GK1 these days with a small indie development team?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:32:51 PM by Damian »

Offline Mad Manny

• View Profile
Re: I have a story for an adventure game
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
You should probably try asking on an game-development forum, but anyway I'll try to answer:

The pitch depends on who you are pitching to, if you're talking about pro companies I can't imagine how that would even be possible, I used to work professionally for a games company and EVEN I as a senior developer couldn't pitch an idea to my own company because the leads are too arrogant to give me 5 minutes to tell my idea, so I can't imagine how an outsider would do it.

As for pitching to normal developers: art! inspiring art is great to get programmers interested.
so either learn art, or as step 1 try to get one great artist on board, after you got the art you can convince others much more easily.
Check out my blog about my crazy adventures making adventure games in China: http://Niberspace.com/blog/