Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: ***SPOILERS*** Questions about story, characters...  (Read 21188 times)

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
Re: ***SPOILERS*** Questions about story, characters...
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »
Rex Case.

That's a beautiful interpretation!  (I'm fortunate to have players who interpret a better game than the one I set out to create.)  Since Oswald and Cornelius (and Rex) all show up at the UNNIIC/HORUS together in the good endings (if you name Rex Factorbuiltbuilt), then I suppose there is something more keeping them together than the dispute.  In other words, Oswald's drinking in that scenario may be a passing thing.

I agree that you could regress to Manbuiltbuiltbuilt. . . .  Or, as we often say, "we're all stardust." :)

HORUS/Horatio.

I think the flying comes primarily from having flown in his "prior life."  But I think it might also be a matter of his desire to get away from things -- to "slip the surly bonds of Earth."

Less than desire, Horatio's story is about the effort to change one's desires for the better.  Or, to quote one of my key inspirations: "What can change the nature of a man?"
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline WayschangerNevbuilt

• View Profile
Some people say stardust is "Godbuilt"
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »
You said : " Since Oswald and Cornelius (and Rex) all show up at the UNNIIC/HORUS together in the good endings (if you name Rex Factorbuiltbuilt), then I suppose there is something more keeping them together than the dispute. "

I don't know, I'm not sure about that. I would rather interpretate it that way. After the events in Metropol which lead to this end, I think Cornelius and Oswald are kind of transcended by something in Horatio, and they follow him, and work with him, that's right.
But nothing says that they are TOGETHER (Cornelius and Oswald). Maybe each one followed Horatio on his own path, do you see what I mean ?

Nevertheless, I'd like to extrapolate on that last point. Because even if what you say about " there is something more keeping them together than the dispute " is true, so we consider that when we see them next the UNNIIC it's because they're friend again, it's no contradictory with the interpretation I gave before.
To be clear, I think that their deep desire is to build something together. The object of the building is not a purpose. It's the act itself who matters. It's the building process that matters, not the built object. Because it's the building process that really bring them together, that is the real link.
That's why Rex is not the cause of a problem : it is a symptom of it.
I see them like, their function, their core logic maybe, their deep desire, is to build. That's how they think themselves, that's how they define themselves, that's what they do. (And indeed them two are Factorbuilt.)
So once Rex is finally achieved, on one hand they think they reached their desire (having built something) while their deep desire is to be building something. When achieving Rex, they also end the situation that permits them to touch their deep desire : be together creating.
So I do not think that Rex's name is the real problem between Oswald and Cornelius.
So then, we can think that Horatio gives them the opportunity to be building together again. That's the reason why they're next the UNNIIC, according to me.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 09:47:55 PM »
Simply fantastic.  Thank you for that!
Wormwood Studios

Offline WayschangerNevbuilt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 07:37:25 AM »
I'm glad if this talked to you !  :)

Offline jaysismyson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 03:51:53 AM »
First I believed the giant robot of the sands was the Goliath and had been sent by Urbani to destroy Metropol.
But in fact, the giant robot is the defensive weapon built by Metropol against Urbanian Goliath (then destroyed by a virus). So when I found Horatio's secret, I understood that the Goliath is the UNNIIC ("Urbanian... something"?). And I suppose that when UNNIIC was taken down, Horatio rebuilt himself from parts of the UNNIIC, keeping in his core logic his aim of destroying Metropol ?

[MOD EDIT: Let me just get rid of that link for you.]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:49:51 PM by Miranda »

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 11:01:24 AM »
I'm so confused -- are you the world's smartest spam bot . . . ?!  If not, what's the story with the FIFA link? :)
Wormwood Studios