Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: "Dreams of Green" lyrics  (Read 5706 times)

Offline WayschangerNevbuilt

• View Profile
"Dreams of Green" lyrics
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:08:09 AM »
Hi ! I'm looking for the lyrics of this amazing song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUE7GFN-i7I

I can not understand some parts, it's even more frustrating than Crispin's "advices"...

I take this opportunity to let some comment about the game itself. I'll make it quick, without spoilers.

I really enjoyed Primordia. I think it's probably the deepest game I played these last months. All was really deep : the story, the characters... But mostly the view, I do not know if the word is correct, but I mean, I don't know, some vision of the world that really talked to me.
It's rare, and it makes you want to share this and make people discover this game.
The end of the game, by the way, is a rare great end.

It was quite hard to play because my english understanding level is really bad ; I could not have finished it without Googletrads. I accepted it when I found the "putty" item. An then with all technical terms... But it really worthed it.

Last thing, Primordia remind's me this quite unknown but great point'n'click and adventure game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bizarre_Adventures_of_Woodruff_and_the_Schnibble
People who enjoyed (or created) Primordia could appreciate it.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
Re: "Dreams of Green" lyrics
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »
(1) Glad you liked the game so much!  It's so gratifying to learn that it's connecting with people from all sorts of backgrounds.  (Just not, it seems, the professional game reviewer background!)  I'm amazed you made it through with Google translations. :)

(2) Here are the lyrics as written; that said, when performing it, I think Kim Boekbinder repeated a few lines and maybe improvised in some spots.  I can transcribe the song if you want, but this should cover you:

Beneath the stars, the shining moon --
My closing eyes see skies of blue.
And sweet perfume of flowers' bloom,
Drifts through the dream I dream of you.

But then I wake and morning takes
my sweet green love away.

And as I rise, my hopes have died. . . .
Before my eyes are burning skies
A world of brown without a sound
Save for my lonely lullabies.

As days go by, I long to sleep
And so to dream, and soon it seems,
I'll wake no more.

And in the dark, the endless dark,
Will be my heart
With dreams of green.

(3) I've never heard that game, but I'll check it out!  I loved Gobliiins as a kid, and the visual style is immediately familiar.
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

• View Profile
Thx
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 03:00:39 AM »
Thank you so much for answering me. The lyrics of "Dreams of Green" is amazing too. In fact I could not understand the end of the song. It's really nice to write something so short but so powerfull at the same time.

About that, there is one robot in Metropol, the one who says "Strange robot... Go away...", with a king of child voice. This one is really powerfull. With one sentence it is a deep character. It reminds me kind of Portal atmosphere. But what I mean is that it's exactly the kind of character that makes you want to learn more.

I got a few questions about the story and some characters but I think I'm gonna open another topic.

About Woodruff I noticed on Wikipedia that it was created by the same guy that made Gobliiins, I did not know that.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
My two year old daughter voiced and effectively wrote that robot -- she always called Primordia "spooky place" and Horatio "strange robot."  The "go away, go back" structure was also a phrasing of hers. :)
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline jwalt10705

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:52:26 AM »
Another character that evokes unexpected interest was the ssad robot waiting for the bus. I even took time, during my replays of the ending sequence, to see if the game resolved his dilemma. Doesn't look like it, sad to say.
     There is an old adage about there being no small parts for an actor, only small actors (or robots, as the case may be).

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
" The sad robot demonstrates the futility of passivity, and Horatio's inability to solve everyone's problem. "

Said M. Yohalem in another topic.

Having said this, the sad robot is not useless I think, because of the sign behind him that gives background to Metropols history.