Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Cannot install off the DVD  (Read 2961 times)

Offline SirPrimalform

• View Profile
Cannot install off the DVD
« on: February 15, 2013, 02:09:21 PM »
Setup is asking for PrimordiaSetupDVD-1a.bin, when the file on the disc is called Primordia-1a.bin. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the installer that the file has a different name and the only solution I found was to copy the file onto my computer and rename it there.

Offline SirPrimalform

• View Profile
Re: Cannot install off the DVD
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »
Ba-bump. Is mine really the only DVD with this problem? I would have assumed this kind of problem would have occurred during the production of the master and would therefore affect all copies.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:35:39 PM »
Sorry, I figured that someone at WEG would field this.  Apparently the DVDs got misburned.  You have to copy the file to your HD and rename it to what the installer is looking for.

Also, on AdventureGamers, Dave posted:
re: the installer bug
Argh. Yes. some others have reported this issue as well. It appears that a file was somehow renamed during the duplication process. If you got one of these disks, email me. I have an offer for you that might make up for it.

So drop him a line!  :)
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline SirPrimalform

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »
Ah damn, I figured that solution out and was just hoping there'd be a more elegant/efficient one. Thanks for the reply and yeah, I'll email Dave.

Offline Peder Johnsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:41:51 AM »
I'd think everyone got this issue tbh.. Just that since you got a digital version when buying from WEG nobody has found out about it :).

I only found out about this issue yesterday :O :P.