Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Primordia Patch 1.2  (Read 3708 times)

Offline mart

• View Profile
Primordia Patch 1.2
« on: February 12, 2013, 05:33:03 PM »
Is the Primordia patch also available separately for the CD version? From the newsletter I understand one can download the game again using the original link, but  I guess some - like myself - would like to add the patch to their hard copy, so the will have it complete (fixed).

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Primordia Patch 1.2
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
Hi Mart. Yes, when you purchased the DVD version, you were given a download link. That's the download link you need to use. If it doesn't work for some reason, email us and we'll take care of it.

Offline mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:14:07 AM »
Thanks for your reply. But I asked something different.

I understand when I use the original download link, I get the new patched game.

But I was asking if you also supply your customers with a separate patch, to add it to the CD-Rom version.

Some of us like to buy hard copies, and like to have those complete (with patches).
The buyers of hard copies may expect as well that their copies don't become needlessly outdated, I think.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 05:18:20 AM »
The "patch" is basically the new version as a whole. The way AGS games work is that it bundles everything into one big EXE file (whereas most games have many small files), so making a patch results in a file that's only slightly smaller than the original. As a result, we learned early on that there's not a lot of point in making one.