Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Music bug - Kind of broke my game  (Read 3786 times)

Offline bikbok

• View Profile
Music bug - Kind of broke my game
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:21:58 PM »
So I suddenly realized that I had two music tracks playing at the same time. Not sure when it started, but it is very annoying.
I clicked on Options and saw that Music was on the lowest setting (muted). I tried to increase music volume, no difference, then decrease it again. This made one of the two music tracks disappear. However the music track that is playing now is slow and it repeats. So something is definitely wrong. I have tried restarting the game and tried changing sound adapter in the game settings..

nothing helps..so annoying.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
Re: Music bug - Kind of broke my game
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
Very weird.  Where are you in the game, and where did this bug occur?  Not sure it's solvable, but we can start working on it.
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline bikbok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »
I am not sure when it happened. I noticed it at the end. Before I go to the tower for the last time.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »
Hm.  I'll look into it.  Did you decrypt the memory log?
Wormwood Studios

Offline jesters.ice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »
Are you still looking into this..?

Though noticing the annoying music bug, I continued playing. You should really fix this issue, as this may destroy quite a portion of the game's phantastic atmosphere which is definitely fired by the music.

Can't tell you the moment the bug starts, but it sure is dragging through the whole game and all endings :(

Edit: Noticed the following, the track (main music theme..?) that keeps continuously playing is muted by the audio volume in the options. It is not affected by the music volume. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:06:28 PM by jesters.ice »

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »
Can you say approximately when you first noticed it?  I don't need a pinpoint, but somewhere to start would help a lot.  Metropol?  How close to the end?
Wormwood Studios

Offline jesters.ice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »
Hard to say, as for most of the time I had the feeling the music is supposed to sound like this. So I wouldn't say right from the beginning, but definitely starting in Metropol.

Edit: Ran through the game a second time. Music bug consisted, but this time only up to the point where you exit Central Station and get your gospel taken away. I skipped the cutscene by pressing escape, though.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:39:31 PM by jesters.ice »