Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Ending and the Future *spoilers*  (Read 3243 times)

Offline dcarey

• View Profile
Ending and the Future *spoilers*
« on: January 19, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
Just a quick comment or criticism. First off I loved Primordia. The art was great, the writing was great, crispin was awesome, loved the comedy, it took me back to games like BASS, Full Throttle, Sam and Max, and others at around that time. With that said I thought the ending was kinda weak. While its kinda cool that there are alternative endings, felt it kinda left it hanging and maybe should of tied into a unified ending. You never get the full background on Horatio, at least not that I saw, though it hinted he was a some kind of super weapon/soldier in the war. Crispin you almost expect him to be rebuilt at the end, maybe with an upgrade of arms. Where did all the robots disappear to? You expect metromind to be defeated and the ending to wrap up, so was it a clean defeat and they got the power core back and went back to repairing the ship? Did in one last defiant act metromind uses the power core to shoot a beam at the ship and destroy it before she "dies"? With no ship, and Metromind gone, does Factorbuilt now turn on and Horatio becomes some kind of robot savior tied back into the book of man? (yeah i know a little i-robotish), or does Horatio find some lost thing of man, or the last living human barely alive on life support in a bed. All kinds of possibilities.

Again I LOVEDDDDDD! the game, I just hope there's a sequel planned, to tie up some loose ends, and continue the fun. Btw I've heard some people say crispin is too slapstick, I thought he was perfectly fine how he is and is how an adventure game sidekick is almost expected to be.

Thanks for a great game!
-Dave

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
Re: Ending and the Future *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »
Hi Dave,

I'm glad you enjoyed the game so much!  Interestingly, a lot of the things that you felt were missing in the ending you got are in the game, just in different endings.  Specifically:

(1) Horatio's background (more or less in full).

(2) Repairing and upgrading Crispin.

(3) Where the robots went.

Not sure which ending you got, and which path you took through the game, but it seems like you might enjoy a replay (or, alternatively, flipping through a Let's Play).  Anyway, glad you enjoyed the game!
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia