Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: DO YOU HAVE any of your games still avail in DVD snapcase or box?  (Read 9475 times)

Offline gamehorder

• View Profile
DO YOU HAVE any of your games still avail in DVD snapcase or box still for sale?

Offline C.C.

• View Profile
Re: DO YOU HAVE any of your games still avail in DVD snapcase or box?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:29:04 AM »
Oh I would be interested too. I still love having the physical support (cds or dvds) of my favourite games.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
We might be doing another run of these in the near future, but as of now we don't have any. Sorry!

Offline Yuri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 02:27:14 AM »
Well, as the new edition of The Shivah is around the corner, any news of it getting a Boxed Signature Special DVD Deluxe Collector's Edition? :)
As far as I know, 'The Shivah', 'Emerald City Confidential' and 'Puzzle Bots' are the only Wadjet Eye games to have no disk versions, right? And 'Da New Guys' is the only not-on-Steam one now?
Just to make sure I miss nothing in my collection...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:50:30 AM by Yuri »

Offline LeChuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:22:23 AM »
Dave, I know you're tired to talk about this matter, but please make dvd editions of Shivah, Blackwell Epiphany and the next games.

I know you have probably lost money on the last ones, and WAG don't have enough time for handle all this shit, but maybe a small release and ultramega-limited edition in number of copies, simple dvd amaray case like Primordia, Gemini Rue and Blackwell Deception (more harder than Resonance box, less damages at mail sending) that you shouldn't have monetary loses and could manage fast :D

For die-hard fans like some of us. If is necessary a little bit more expensive, let it be!  ;)

My world for a Shivah edition with the Kosher and the old one with a lot of extra stuff.

Please :-* ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:24:05 AM by LeChuck »

Offline grunthos64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 03:47:04 AM »
Maybe a supply and demand system with the DVDs would be best. I believe if you had a Wadjet Eyes 'Greatest Hits' collection with all the titles you have now it would sell a lot. Mark it at 50 and people will flock to it.

Offline Yuri

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 02:05:19 AM »
I am not sure about 'all the titles' - they are just so different and, well, won't probably fit into one DVD with extras.
But 'The Complete Blackwell Series Collector's Box'is something quite possible :)
I already own the first four games on DVD - but why not make the ultimate edition with all the five now? Dave promised to think about it after the release of 'Epiphany', didn't he?

Offline boidsonly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »
I am another, "hard copy of the game",  collector.  I am willing to pay extra for the DVD/Case.  I rarely ever purchase a digital copy of a game because I do not particularly like Steam, or any of the other DRM laden sites.
  A prepay option for ordering hard copies of games is OK with me when you are thinking about releasing a new game or an older game.  Maybe give you planning data to crunch numbers?
Thanks for the great games!  ;)

Offline auberwn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »
My apologies for resurrecting this old thread - I would just like to add myself on this. I've come back so many times through the years to check if any boxed versions have been made available that I felt I should mention it to someone.

I understand that it makes little sense for a small publisher to waste resources on something that really doesn't improve the games themselves. Digital distribution is so clean and managing physical stock is such a nightmare. Very tight profit margins - most probably negative ones - I guess.

What is it with this weird fixation with a physical copy some of us have? In my case it's so bad that I've realized that I just can't bring myself to download any adventure game - especially a 2D one. I've only played Primordia out of the Wadget Eye library. I tracked down a copy at some point. So many others have described the effect of THE EXPERIENCE it's certain I can't add anything to it. Taking a look at that Monkey Island box next to my friend's father's PC and playing the game.

I guess a crowd funding kind of system would be great - the more people sign up the better the version. Level one, a DVD and a simple plastic case. Two adds a poster. Three the box is cardboard. And so on. Give it a few months for the word to spread...

Thanks for the games!

Offline Satchel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 03:54:26 PM »
I write my name on the invisible list of people willing to buy a limited physical edition of the whole Blackwell series  :)
"Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind".

Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »
Sadly, this has very little chance of happening anytime soon. As I've said elsewhere, the boxes/snapcases kept getting more and more expensive and impractical to make. Shipping and manufacturing costs kept going up, and the demand for them just isn't there to make it worth it. As a tiny  company we have to be *very* careful how we use our time and resources, and physical editions just don't make the cut.

This could change if an alternative presents itself, but that hasn't happened yet. Sorry!

Offline Dakobah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 05:16:41 PM »
just playing devils advocate or what have you but what if you released like 50 or so or make a very small limited run... via kickstarter or something?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 07:06:42 AM »
Annoyingly, manufacturers insist on a minimum of 1000. 50 is just too small for them.

Offline Dakobah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 07:51:58 AM »
Ahh good to know thanks

Offline Yuri

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 07:30:54 AM »
Well, while the forum is being very quiet and Dave and everyone are busy working on new games, let me resurrect this old thread - and recollect some good memories from older games. Especially of those games you can in fact collect physically :)

As far as I know, there were only five (out of now fifteen) Wadjet Eye Games published on disk. At that, 'Blackwell Deception' was lucky enough to have the first three Blackwell games on its disk as well.

I don't have English disk edition of 'Gemini Rue' - was it published? At least, there surely was the German disk edition. And I have the Russian disk - it is jewel-case only, but still quite rare. Probably even Dave himself does not have it :)

'Da New Guys' had some bonuses added: three cards of our heroes!

And 'Resonance' was the only one boxed - even if it is a little box, and the only bonus is the poster. If I remember it correctly, it is after this edition shipped that Dave decided he will never ever publish a physical edition again...

Now, does anyone have a 'Primordia' disk edition in his or her collection? It has been published, right?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 07:34:10 AM by Yuri »