Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Thanks for these great Games  (Read 4059 times)

Offline chrischan

• View Profile
Thanks for these great Games
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:12:29 AM »
I bought the Blackwell Games a while ago on Steam, after a friend of mine told me how good they were.

I didnt feel like playing Adventures for a while, but my friend asked me every day if i started playing them, so i finally got around to at least try playing the first Part. Took me ~4 hours, and i was hooked, i pretty much played trough the 4 games in 2 days, being pissed while at work cause i wanted to know what would happen next. (Right now playing all the Games again with commentary tracks)

Rosa being so super awkward made me instantly like her, and her emerging from her shell in the following parts made me really happy for her in a way(if this makes any sense)  Joey i loved instantly because of my love for the 1920-30's the slang, the way he's all tough and angry(with the occasional slip of some emotions) and the dynamic between the two  just captured me :)

I really love the Games, so much even, that im willing to read crappy fanfic about them, if i can find any.

Im really looking forward to the next Part, you did a great job.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:17:20 AM by chrischan »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for these great Games
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »
I don't think there's any creepy fanfic yet. I suppose the creepy fanart needs to come first, and then the fanfic. Once both happen, then I'll know I've made it.

Offline Nebty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »
Well the Blackwell Series has a rather extensive article on tvtropes, so you've sort of made it.

Offline Romiras

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:48:46 AM »
Got the bundle on GOG and played it through in like 3 days. AWESOME! Already bought all other Wadjet Eye Games available on GOG and consider getting Shivah from here (why isn't it on GOG btw?)

But there is one thing that made me register on these forums (other than saying AWESOME :)) - the "Benji" password that works only is you type it like "benji"

Why, Wadjet Eye? WHY?

Spent two hours of my life trying to figure that out, failed, had to google for a solution (for this ONE moment in the game, but still), hated it (((

Few... Feels good to share this ))

Looking forward to the fifth game ))

Offline Jinxtah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 06:52:50 AM »
I just finished Deception last night, and what a great experience it was, though I was sad it ended and I couldn't just click on the next episode.
I hope the next episode will arrive soon :)