Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: I absolutely love (Most of) your games!  (Read 7289 times)

Offline Tooplex

• View Profile
I absolutely love (Most of) your games!
« on: December 12, 2012, 01:28:17 PM »
No but really, Dave Gilbert, I love your games, not to mention everyone at Wadjet Eye Games. Ive played through the blackwell series, Resonance and Gemini Rue. Also just bought Primordia. (Bought them all from GoG.com, Love the extras you get, i still listen to the blackwell soundtrack :P)

Blackwell series was honest to god such great fun, the characters are amazing (Abe Goldfarb, I love him so much!  ;D), puzzles had me stumped sometimes not to mention the dialogue was great. Honestly my favourite game of 2012 so far (Sorry Borderlands 2 but im an adventure game freak!)

Resonance was also on Par for the blackwell series, Loved the characters in it really made me adore each one especially one (Seriously Wadjet, Why? WHY!), the puzzles as well, Hoh boy some of them had me proper stumped but yeah was amazing good fun.

Gemini Rue, Errrr ive got mixed feelings on this, I really love the story, Characters were awesome but the combat part i really did not like I dont feel they fit in an adventure game genre tbh (Looking at you Monkey Island 4) and the deaths where if you didnt do something quick enough got you killed was really annoying at times, but other than that nice game.

Sorry about the long rant  :-[ but i had to express my feelings on your amazing games! Now im off to play Primordia :D Thanks for reading.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I absolutely love (Most of) your games!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »
I certainly can't fault your taste! :)

Seriously though. Thanks so much. It's letters like this that keep us making these games in the first place.

Offline Tooplex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
No Problem, Loving Primordia so far, Seriously when i heard Abe's voice coming from Crispin :O I was like Yeeeeeeeees. Keep it up Dave and Everyone at Wadjet!

Offline Sslaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 04:02:10 PM »
No Problem, Loving Primordia so far, Seriously when i heard Abe's voice coming from Crispin :O I was like Yeeeeeeeees. Keep it up Dave and Everyone at Wadjet!
I feel Crispin is Abe's best role yet (yes, even better than Joey).

Offline C.C.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:41:40 AM »
I only played Resonance and Gemini Rue so far, the other games are still on my whishlist, so I feel I'm not qualified for commenting the general work of yours. Although, there's something I feel like expressing: I heartily enjoyed the commentaries, because they make the player feel some sort of 'clonseness' to the dev team (which is you), and listening to your voices and notes, seeing your pictures, hearing your laughs and so on, I personally felt that every cent I spent to buy the games was worth it.
Oh, yeah, and the games theirself were awesome if you wanna know, they deserved it anyway (: I would write countless walls-of-text about them (but I sense it's better not herein!)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
Thanks! The commentaries are always our favorite thing to do - if only because they are totally self-indulgent. :)

Offline C.C.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:00:07 PM »
Well, I wouldn't be completely sure about this. I personally had myself learning some things about narrative, especially from Joshua Nuernberg, and I always appreciate it when someone succeeds in mixing fun and learning (:

Offline tnzk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 11:42:44 PM »
Don't want to make another thread, but yes, I've really enjoyed all the games from Wadjet Eye, most especially the Blackwell series. Gemini Rue and Resonance are great, but Dave, you have an incredible way with writing. I honestly feel Lauren and Rosa are some of the most well made female protagonists in all of gaming, unconstrained and totally unrestricted by their gender which seems to inhibit every other female role in the industry.

If I may add.... there's one secret I've noticed from the best serialized stories in films, television*, novels, and even some games. It seems that those writers know how that series will end, and when it will end. I'm only saying this coz the story of the Blackwell job is great so far, but I wouldn't want it to get long in the tooth! Even if it's going to be demanded from us fans  :P

Looking forward to your next games. Keep it up!

*You'll notice that the allegedly best American television shows ever made usually had only five seasons (e.g The Wire, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under etc). Unlike their squeeze-and-dried contemporaries with many more, these shows had a solid beginning, greater middle, and fantastic end, with a full stop. Worth mulling over!

Offline jonathanfrisby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
I'll chime in and say you guys are fantastic, too.

I really enjoyed the video/talk Dave did, from the email newsletter -- as well as the blog posts, and generally increased news/communications.  After somewhat rediscovering the genre with the Kickstarter craze last year, the Wadjet Eye releases have ended up being the highlight (it took a little while to completely love the graphic limitations, sure).

Hope you continue to find gems to publish, and keep writing on your blog!

Offline kurosawa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 08:31:52 AM »
Hi everybody. I am new to the forum and havent read much whats goin on here.
My question is...will we see games like Gemini rue or primordia for android units?

Thanks.

edit:
thanks to AGS my problem is solved  ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:58:02 AM by kurosawa »

Offline kal3jdoskop

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 06:38:15 PM »
Hello everybody, it's my first post on this forum (and sorry if I will make some mistakes, I'm a foreigner, but I'm doing my best do avoid the mistakes).

I've ended the Blackwell Series 3 or 4 days ago. Marvelous experience! I've bought most of your games earlier(I don't have only one - Primordia, but played the demo, and I see that is really masterpiece!), but in some way I was avarse to try this series, because I was afraid some kind of... vulgar "new-age" spiritualism? I don't know how to explain it. But I've realised that my worries were unfounded - I really enjoyed the whole series. Oh, I can't wait for the next part of series, but it is rude to hurry up someone, especially the master of P&C ;)

It was so valuable experience! In your games I've found something, that I thought I've lost after 90's. I'm not too satisfied with modern games, well, I like to play in some of them, but many are so... Soulless. It is strange, because in 90's I wasn't too fond on adventure games.  And now - I've found the games with "90's soul", that I was looking for! Thank you for returning one of the best parts of my childhood, which I thought was lost irretrievably :)