Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Information Kiosk - Bug  (Read 10048 times)

Offline Silverblade

• View Profile
Information Kiosk - Bug
« on: December 10, 2012, 05:09:34 AM »
I've been working on trying to get the 'Know It All' achievement and I noticed that while in regular mode with the Kiosk if you type 'shell' there is no 'Topic Doesn't Exist' error and you aren't taken to a new entry. Literally nothing happens.

I'm wondering if this is a bug and there should be an accessible entry for 'shell' and perhaps not being able to access it is preventing me from getting achievement? In the monocle version typing 'shell' just brings up the 'no entry' error.

I'm playing on Steam - PC version.

Offline Tanukitsune

• View Profile
Re: Information Kiosk - Bug
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 05:40:21 AM »
Seeing as how nobody has gotten the achievement yet and it's still at 0%, I think you might be onto something with the bug idea, "Shell" does the same for me too.

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
Yes, we just uncovered this bug last night.  We are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, although -- since the bug is not game-breaking (in the sense of preventing completion) -- we are not going to rush it out until we are 100% certain that our fix doesn't create any other problems.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention, and sorry to have the achievement blocked!
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline Dualnames

• "Aren't magnets great?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 02:45:04 AM »
Well, this achievement is a bit of a troll indeed. "Shell/s" is not the only entry that cannot be triggered, same goes for Council Tower, as it will unfortunately always trigger Robot Council instead, and will never trigger with just Tower.

Apologies for any inconvenience, this have may caused.
Coder for Wormwood Studios
Primordia

Offline Nefylym

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 03:01:41 AM »
Don't sweat it guys! You gave us one of the best games to come out this year. I could be playing Dishonored or AC3 right now, but your world and voice acting got me so hooked, I am playing through this game again, and I usually never return to a game once I have gone through it. Thank you so much for such a lovely work of art. I would love to see a novel series or even a sequel! The characters are so endearing. Bravo!

Offline Dualnames

• "Aren't magnets great?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 07:48:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply, means a lot to me, I'm sure our writer, Mark Yohalem, will appreciate it more.
Coder for Wormwood Studios
Primordia

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 09:50:16 PM »
Absolutely.  Maybe this means I'm not a true Artist, but positive feedback is my favorite part of creating games!
Wormwood Studios

Offline Jerry22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 01:36:07 AM »
If you are connected to the Kaiser Network, you may use the Health Education Kiosk to gain more information about classes, register for KP.org, and much more.

www.plagiarismdetector.net
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:52:59 AM by Jerry22 »

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 11:10:57 AM »
I think this might be spam, but it's pretty awesome.  We totally should let people manage their real-life health at the kiosk.  James, can you implement that? :)
Wormwood Studios

Offline nny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »
Yes, we just uncovered this bug last night.  We are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, although -- since the bug is not game-breaking (in the sense of preventing completion) -- we are not going to rush it out until we are 100% certain that our fix doesn't create any other problems.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention, and sorry to have the achievement blocked!

Any updates on how the fix is going? Thanks!

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 01:42:43 AM »
It's done.  We're just testing the patch now.  Unfortunately, Primordia's coder, James Spanos, is serving his mandatory one-year term of duty in the Greek army right now.  Dave Gilbert (Mr. Wadjet Eye Games) is thus putting together the patch, but he's in the midst of a move and other things, all of which is slowing down getting the patch out.  Really sorry about it, especially because the patch has a couple substantive improvements to the game that we'd like to get out there ASAP too (not too huge, but a slight reworking of a puzzle and a how-to-play guide in the options menu).
Wormwood Studios

Offline nny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »
It's done.  We're just testing the patch now.  Unfortunately, Primordia's coder, James Spanos, is serving his mandatory one-year term of duty in the Greek army right now.  Dave Gilbert (Mr. Wadjet Eye Games) is thus putting together the patch, but he's in the midst of a move and other things, all of which is slowing down getting the patch out.  Really sorry about it, especially because the patch has a couple substantive improvements to the game that we'd like to get out there ASAP too (not too huge, but a slight reworking of a puzzle and a how-to-play guide in the options menu).

Great news! Looking forward to trying to find out all the entries in the kiosk.

By the way, will current saves be compatible with the post-patch game? I have a save from that part of the game saved (excuse the redundancy) for when the patch hits and I wonder if it'll work.

Thanks again!

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 01:32:33 PM »
Yes.  Although it unfortunately limits what kind of upgrades we can do via patching, we have made sure that our patches will work with old saved games.  It is possible that we will, at some point, do a final "upgrade" patch that will make old saves incompatible, but we're not at that point yet.
Wormwood Studios

Offline nny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 03:24:10 AM »
I've just seen the update on Steam; thanks!