Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Green and Purple Dots *only* on Resonance  (Read 4739 times)

peccavi117

Green and Purple Dots *only* on Resonance
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »
Hi Everyone...I'm having a problem with Resonance.  The game has green and purple dots covering the screen whenever it's in full screen mode.

No other game of video in full screen has these green lines, including much more graphic intensive games, including Skyrim and Dishonored.  So I don't believe it's a heat issue or that the card is dying.

I'm on a GTX 560 with with 306.97 drivers.

Thanks in advance!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Green and Purple Dots *only* on Resonance
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »
That is definitely an unusual bug. Could you send me a screenshot? And have you tried switching the graphics filter from Direct3D to DirectDraw? (by using the winsetup.exe file in the game's directory)

peccavi117

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »
Hi Dave, thanks so much for the quick reply.

Well, it gets more interesting.  The lines aren't there when I take a screenshot.  :o

I tried DirectDraw and fiddling with all the options -- it didn't seem to help.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 06:16:28 PM »
Very strange indeed! Have you tried any other options? Does the same thing happen in windowed mode?

peccavi117

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »
It does not happen in windowed mode.

I have tried all of the Graphics filter options, smooth scaled sprites, side borders and downgrading the 32 bit graphics to 16 bit. 

I took a picture with my phone that turned out all right:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efaxje6lbo8qbdj/2012-11-26%2018.56.23.jpg
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:01:07 PM by peccavi117 »

peccavi117

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
So I worked a bit more on this problem.  I ran into it again on Age of Empires III.  It turned out that any resolution that didn't have a 1920 value would have lines like that.  It seems there was an update to WDDM in November and I believe that's what caused this bug.  I'm working on finding a way to roll it back.

Is there anyway to force Resonance to run at a higher resolution? Ideally 1920x1080?

Thanks!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 05:08:34 PM »
Hey! So sorry for the delay on this. Our upcoming launch has left me a bit flakier than normal. This sounds like an engine related issue, which is a bit beyond our level of expertise. The best place for you to ask this question would be the AGS technical forum (AGS being Adventure Game Studio - the engine we used to make the game). They know more about the inner workings of the engine and how they interact with various computer setups than we do here. Sorry to pass the buck, as it were, but it would probably be more efficient for you to speak to them directly instead of having me go back and forth. If they do help you find a solution, please post it here!

peccavi117

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 05:09:48 PM »
Thanks Dave! I really appreciate your help!