Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Last game in the series?  (Read 5594 times)

Offline philmaker

• View Profile
Last game in the series?
« on: November 26, 2013, 08:33:28 AM »
Hi Dave, new user here. 

I keep hearing that Blackwell Epithany will be the last game in the Blackwell series...
Can you confirm this? 

If so will you consider doing a spin-off game with one or more of the characters such as the 'Secret Files' adventure games have done?

Also, will you be remaking the Blackwell Games in full 3D with action mini-games?

Just joking on the last bit :p  Wish you all success with Epithany and your other projects.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Last game in the series?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »
Epiphany is the last game in the series. I originally planned on one more game, but I realized that my idea for #6 wasn't strong enough to sustain a full-length game without a lot of padding. So I incorporated it into #5. This had the added benefit of making #5 a much stronger, longer and (dare I say it) more exciting game on its own. It is also the reason why it's taking so darn long to finish. That and the baby. We can always blame the baby.

Offline philmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 01:05:50 AM »
Thanks for your reply,

It makes sense to end the series on a high so am with  you all the way.  Really enjoyed the whole series.  Actually from playing your games I have felt inspired to learn how to use AGS and try and make my own games.  I am working as a Screenwriter but would love to create something more interactive.  Now I just need some good background and sprite artists!  My stickmen are just not going to cut it :p
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:08:12 AM by philmaker »

Offline Rados

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 06:37:05 PM »
aww phoey :(...guess ill just have to replay the whole series :)

Offline Kvothe99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »
Hey new member just bought all 4 games having stumbled upon them on steam. Gotta say growing up with Sierra and no stranger to this genre you my good sir are a master of the craft. I will say I prefer the graphic design and sprites of the 3rd game however.

Also when is the release of the next (is it the final?) game? Because I playe through all 4 in one sitting and am very much about to begin friending for the conclusion of this amazing series.

Thank you so much for this creation btw. It's single handedly pulled my current gaming career out of the current cesspool of disappointment it has been dwelling in for far too long. 

Offline threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 05:01:20 AM »
hey i allso purchased all 4 games on steam, and i would just like to tell you, THESE GAMES ARE GREAT!!!! they have reached my top 3 adventure game series, alongside monkey island and kings quest , i am looking forward to playing the last game as it is done being made ,  you have created a gem in the world of gaming,

tho i am sorry to hear it will be the last game of the series i hope you one day change your mind cause there doesent seme to be any creators left in the world to make old style adventure games like this left.

last i have a question will the new game be sold on steam?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 05:57:55 AM »
Thank you so much! While this is the last game in the Blackwell series, it is NOT the last game we are going to make. We hope to be doing this for as long as we can! :D