Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Da New Guys - game-breaking bug?  (Read 4404 times)

Offline CountCant

• View Profile
Da New Guys - game-breaking bug?
« on: September 02, 2012, 07:07:38 AM »
It seems that I've run into a game-breaking bug while playing "Da New Guys: Day of the Jackass": Apparantly you can pick up more items than the inventory bar will display and I didn't notice any way to scroll through them.

* SPOILERS *

I'm currently in the part where you play Defender and have to investigate who Brain's kidnapper is. I already had the detective's card, the signature stamp, the golf club, Brain's autobiography, the complete season ticket, the picture (from the Wrestling geek), the hand wraps and the greasy cloth, and all of these items completely filled up the inventory bar, so that there's no space left. Then I borrowed the remote control from Simon, and now he won't let me leave the apartment before I give it back to him, but the remote control is not displayed in my inventory ...  :(

EDIT: Whoops, I just saw the other thread about the remote control and in my desperation I couldn't help but spy on the solution. So I guess I know now how to solve the issue and get rid of one of my inventory items. Too bad I didn't find it out myself ... Anyway, even though the bug might not be game-breaking then if you know there's a solution, it's still quite irritating and shouldn't be there.

EDIT 2: Found another bug. *SPOILER* If you look through the filing cabinet in the boss' office and read the file on "Ruckus, Rick", Defender is using a wrong voiceover line, saying "It leads back to the waiting room." instead of "It's a file on Rick Ruckus".
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:48:19 AM by CountCant »

Offline ChrisBurton

• View Profile
Re: Da New Guys - game-breaking bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »
Hi CountCant, I apologise for the inventory bug.  I'm glad it wasn't game-breaking for you, but it shouldn't have happened.  Fortunately, I think that's the one-and-only time you can carry more items than the bar allows, so you should be good from now on.

Same for the mis-spoken line.  I thought we'd spotted all of those, but clearly not.  If we manage to do a patch or game update I'll be sure to fix that.

Thanks,

-chris