Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Can i order a box edition now?  (Read 6672 times)

Offline Loga

• View Profile
Can i order a box edition now?
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:54:45 AM »
On the Order Page of Resonance is there a note "This limited edition collectors item will only be sold through July 25, 2012."
Due to my bad english i am not really sure about the meaning of this sentence. This means that i currently can't order the boxed edition?  :'(

Thanks for the help! :D

Offline ZX497

• View Profile
Re: Can i order a box edition now?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:30:46 AM »
Yes, you can buy it right now! It goes out of sale on July 25th, meaning you can't buy it after that date.

Offline Loga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 04:45:09 AM »
Ah! Great! Thanks a lot! :D

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:32:08 AM »
Plus, in the newsletter, Dave said have lots of extras, so grab some for presents!  ;D

Offline LeChuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »
Hi everybody!

It means that the physical edition of the game it will only able to buy now and not after the July 25th?

And another question:

Eco-friendly cd wallet? It means that the disc will come in a cardboard type of cd case? Like this?

To be sincere, I don't like too much. I prefer a regular cd jewel-case or dvd-case instead of the big box.

Thank you! Greetings from Spain.

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »
Quote from WEG Newsletter: "The good news is that we have arranged to produce more boxes than we will probably need, so there are still plenty of boxed editions available!"

It's not the 25th yet, but it seems to me to mean they have plenty extras for after the date. Maybe after the date they'll change the wording to "While supplies last" or something similar? At least they didn't run short. ;D

I can't answer about the eco-friendly wallet, but I know plenty of games now come in a thick-ish cardboard with nice print/picture on the outside. Know what I mean? I've taken jewel cases and printed out a nice picture to slide in the front when they didn't come in one. Also, DVD cases, I remember I once printed out a picture to slide in the case. They can be opened up flat, and the outside is covered with clear plastic that you can slip in your own picture.

There may not be much around for Resonance just yet, but as popular as it is getting, and word about it is getting spread around, someone just might make up some covers. Or if you or someone you know is good at creating that sort of thing, that's another option. You can print these out on some nicer paper than regular weight paper.

Added: Oh, and welcome to the forums! I like your username. :)
Jewel and DVD cases can be purchased quite cheap.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:42:37 PM by Jazzy »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
Well, it IS cardboard but it will have nicely printed art on it. Here's a sample of what it will look like:

The CD wallet is on the left.

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »
How cool  8) ...so Dave just whips out his phone and snaps a pic for us, thanks!

Hey, check out his laptop, he has the Resonance background. :) Do we get the coffee with it, too? Lol.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »
The coffee is actually holding up the box. :)

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 08:21:22 AM »
You made me LMAO at that.  ;D

I also thought you purposely turned the cup so the name can't be seen, like they have to do in some TV shows/movies, lol.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 08:51:36 AM »
Heh. Well, the box was just a sample, made from cheaper materials, so I could get a sense of what it would look like. The real product will be much nicer/sturdier, but this one  just wouldn't stay up properly!

If you know NYC and its coffee chains, you'd know that the cup came from "Think." I go there a lot. :)

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 09:07:23 AM »
I can't help but respond and LOL @ your post.  ;D

I was born near there, but my parents took me out of state ::), but I went back for a visit when I was 16.

I'm glad I won't have to hold the box up with my coffee cup.  ;D

Offline LeChuck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 06:39:35 AM »
Well, after finished the game (I'm not proud to say that I played a pirate version :-[) I have ordered today the boxed edition of the game.

I expect you will make another physical edition when Primordia comes out.