Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Crash in the hospital waiting room  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Roisack

• View Profile
Crash in the hospital waiting room
« on: July 08, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »
After the cutscene that follows the laboratory fire scene you get to crack the journal open. When the elevator opened, I immediately got this error:

An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS (ACI version 3.21.1115)

in "Conversation.asc", line 1413
from "GlobalScript.asc", line 10256

Error: AnimateCharacter: invalid loop number specified.

After loading an earlier save and replaying the laboratory I got past that scene. Playing on Windows 7 64-bits.

EDIT: The version used is the Gog.com version, downloaded on the release date. Can't seem to find any version strings anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:21:17 PM by Roisack »

Offline Rethla

• View Profile
Re: Crash in the hospital waiting room
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »
I got this exact same bug, Had to roll back to an autosave and lost 5mins of gameplay so no harm done but i can confirm the bug :)

Playing on win 7 64bit and the steam edition.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »
This bug only happens if you switch characters while doing the journal opening puzzle. We'll be patching it, but in the meantime it's pretty easy to avoid.

Offline ginchiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:13 PM »
I have stumbled upon the same error,...so itīs almost been have a year and you guys couldnīt fix this?! I like the game very much, until now but it seems there is no support on it,...and seriusly how many freakin questions do I have to do, to pass the human test?!? just get something like googles captcha, which is up to date "bullet proof"...