Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Help  (Read 5594 times)

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
Blackwell Help
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »
I've been playing Legacy, but I'm having major trouble with the difficulty even with a guide. Atm I'm trying to get a name to give the hospital clerk so I can see Susan, I needed a guide to tell me what to do and I still can't get the correct events to happen.  :'(

Edit:
Phew, I just completed it. Rosa was a nice character and I think her voice acting was a good fit. But on a negative note I feel like the game play was just a case of running though all the dialogue options and walking in circles hoping for things to happen. Are the other games similar?

IMO the games get better as they go along. There's a lot of figuring out what to do, but go ahead and take your time, as the games are fairly short. Unbound was made in a few months, since Convergence was taking longer than planned, but the gameplay changed a bit as you could also control Joey to help solve puzzles. I didn't really feel like I was walking in circles, if the solution to a puzzle came to you. In Convergence, Rosa's notebook combining clues were deleted, IIRC, and in Deception it was entered into the game in a different way, using Rosa's cell phone to even search for what you might think she needs.

I don't know what types of games you prefer, but I enjoyed this series and kept getting stuck on puzzles quite a bit, but there was usually an overlooked solution.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:40:01 PM by Jazzy »

TheBlindKnight

Re: Blackwell Help
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »
Yeah, I may have been a bit impatient. The game really wasn't bad and I think the sequels will be a bit easier to understand now that I have some more experience with the play style. I will try Unbound and let you know how I get on!

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »
Terrific! Yes, play styles can vary between games, but that's also what
I have fun about discovering in them. It's like a lightbulb goes off in my head, "OH! That's how they do it!", lol.

You should have seen me start Unbound after playing Legacy. Here's Lauren out on the balcony smoking her darn cigarette, and she won't move until she's done, and I think, "Ok, Dave, you did good, I'm stuck right at the beginning". It took me a few minutes to notice the "L" and "J" where I saw them. Then it's like "Oh, wow!", lol.

I think the storyline is great and that the games got better with each one, but I love them all.

TheBlindKnight

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 05:44:41 AM »
Hey Jazzy, just to let you know I did try the other games. Unfortunately I didn't really get into them. Rosa changed quite a lot from the first game to the second even her hair became brown. I prefer the nerdier Rosa, what do you think?

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:00:47 PM »
By the second, do you mean Unbound? Because that's her Aunt Lauren. If you mean Convergence to Deception, yes, they did change things around quite a bit from Legacy. Unbound was probably my least favorite, even though a lot of people found that to be their favorite. A lot really seemed to like Lauren. Maybe it was her stubbornness to stand everywhere and smoke a freaking cigarette, like that was her life, lol, that turned me off to her. (Sorry, I have issues with that, lol)

In the later games, they changed the pictures, I don't remember if it was just Deception. I don't think they have animation and they made the pictures larger. The look of them just didn't seem as cool to me. The detail of the faces just weren't as I'd imagined them earlier. I thought, especially, Joey looked "off" to me.

I played the first two and then it was a couple months before I played the last two, but I do remember really liking Convergence as I was playing. And I loved the puzzles in Deception and how Rosa got to search for things from her phone.

Thanks for giving them a chance. It's hard to recommend games for others because you really never know what they might like, unless you know their game types quite well.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:22:59 PM by Jazzy »

Loner

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 09:02:08 AM »
Unbound was probably my least favorite, even though a lot of people found that to be their favorite. A lot really seemed to like Lauren. Maybe it was her stubbornness to stand everywhere and smoke a freaking cigarette, like that was her life, lol, that turned me off to her. (Sorry, I have issues with that, lol)

It was her sexy voice (at least for me anyway).

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 10:55:34 AM »
It was her sexy voice (at least for me anyway).
Actor's voices don't make a game for me.

I was one, along with others, to miss having Rosa's "notebook combining ways" that was part of Legacy but removed from Convergence. This added to the puzzles for me and got me stuck, but it was fun. I really enjoyed how it was brought back in Deception, and employed into more current times. The search option was a really cool addition.

A couple puzzles in Deception were really kind of, ....I don't know what word to use for this... Coincidental for me. In the beginning, when Joey went into the upper cabin and got the key, I really wanted to use something like Rosa's business card to catch and drag the key on. Though I figured a cabin door wouldn't be type I could get the key under, lol. Then when I have to do something similar later in the game, I think of the first time I wanted to do that. :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:08:41 PM by Jazzy »