Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Hello: I'm trying to start/play Demo!  (Read 3780 times)

Offline John316

• View Profile
Hello: I'm trying to start/play Demo!
« on: July 10, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »
Hi there gamers,

When I db-click the demo icon what I get every time on my W-7/64bt laptop compute is e.g. a black screen, bottom left screen just say's "loading....", and while it's in the total black/loading... screen I can (only hear) very well the first scene in the demo i.e. the rain! But I never see, so as to start the demo screen! I know about the rain and the like because I've played part of the demo on my W-XP/desktop computer! Any help would be too cool indeed, and thanks in advance!

Offline John316

• View Profile
Re: Hello: I'm trying to start/play Demo!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
Hi there gamers,

When I db-click the demo icon what I get every time on my W-7/64bt laptop compute is e.g. a black screen, bottom left screen just say's "loading....", and while it's in the total black/loading... screen I can (only hear) very well the first scene in the demo i.e. the rain! But I never see, so as to start the demo screen! I know about the rain and the like because I've played part of the demo on my W-XP/desktop computer! Any help would be too cool indeed, and thanks in advance!

Helllllllo is anybody there? Please help if you can, and in the mean time happy gaming!

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 07:35:56 PM »
You could try switching the config from Direct3D to DirectDraw. It may or may not run, then, on a Win 7 laptop, I haven't tried it myself. If it runs, keep it that and don't load or save in the rain.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:36:34 PM »
Ah, this is a known issue was fixed in the main game but not in the demo version! Unfortunately, I don't have the source code for that demo. I'll tell you what. If you buy the game and you don't like it, email me and I'll refund you.