Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Achievement Help Please  (Read 12487 times)

Offline ZX497

• View Profile
Re: Achievement Help Please
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »
You need to have Tortoise tell you about the financial history of Dr. Morales ;)

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 02:52:32 PM »
I just tried getting another will copy and it didn't work, lol. Thanks, I'll try to work with your hint. :)

Offline SamCarterX

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 03:06:16 PM »
If you already solved the puzzle box, you can't blackmail Tortoise anymore, at least not in that play through, since Tortoise is more than willing to talk to the guy/girl who solved it as soon as you show him Morales' will and death certificate and I think his finances too. He'll hand over the master keycard (which may already be in your inventory if already showed him the will and death certificate) and that's all you need.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:08:57 PM by SamCarterX »

Offline ZX497

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 03:10:37 PM »
^^ blackmailing him has nothing to do with who did what. You can do it with any of the characters. To cut it short, you can get a card from him by either completing the puzzle, or by blackmailing him... when does he give you an item you can blackmail him with?

EDIT:

I somehow read the above message wrong, lol. Damn you, yellow! Anyhow, all information related to the puzzle is correct.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:13:07 PM by ZX497 »

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 03:20:26 PM »
I saved before I solved the box so I could go back and use that save file to blackmail him.
I've given him the will and death cert. and show him the vault blueprints and Morales credit (which they all reply that they've already shown him that).
I don't have the master keycard yet.

Offline ZX497

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »
You should be all set to blackmail him, then ;)

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 03:44:29 PM »
Aargh! I show him the blueprints, credit report (which they say "I've already shown him that.") try flashing Bennet's badge and gun and nothing works. What am I missing?

Edit: I think after all this time I'm finally getting the order right. Dang...

Got it. Man, that one was...specific...

Yes! I got them all, woohoo, woohoo!  ;D

I play on a laptop; Anna's was tough...but it didn't take me as long as blackmailing! Lol
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:57:08 PM by Jazzy »

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 05:13:28 PM »
One thing I just have to add, as I was just remembering getting my last achievement for Anna, was about my first experience with her childhood room and figuring through it. I wanted to share, as it still makes me laugh.

I got the "rewind" several times on my first playthrough here, as I was figuring out more and more about the room. A memory of her bear really sticks with me and makes me laugh. I'd put in the first obvious (to me) combination in the chest with no result. After the rewind I took a second look at the bear. It occurred to me, "Hey, what would those numbers look like upside down?" I'm on the couch with my laptop and find myself actually tilting my head far to the left to get a better view of them reading upside down. Yes, I get very "into" my games like that, lol.

I don't know if anyone else found themselves doing that, but, hey, I hope you enjoyed how I figured out the puzzle.  ;D

Offline Tropxe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
I had the same thing with not realising it was upside down. I also get that thing all the time where you're playing a game and end up moving your head around as if it was a real thing right in front of you. Like, your character will be hiding behind a corner and you move the camera so you can see around the corner, but it only goes so far. Then you actually lean to the right in real life to peek around the corner... And then think "What the hell am I doing?"