Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Android  (Read 10316 times)

Offline zodd06

• View Profile
Android
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:06:25 PM »
hello, just stumbled across your site and started playing resonance today.  OMG where have you been!?!?  this reminds me of the old adventure games I used to play like maniac mansion and the sierra games.  this is so awesome, really great!  I plan on getting every game and having a ball.

my question is have you considered porting these games to the android platform?  it would be amazing on a tablet.  I think it would be really successful in Google's app store.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Android
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
Our porting priority at the moment is iPad, but perhaps Android in the future. The sheer number of Android devices and screen sizes makes porting to the platform very difficult, especially for a little shop like ours.

Offline orpheus333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 01:33:27 AM »
Hi Zodd06,

I'm not sure if this is OK to post on here Dave?

but...

The majority of Wadjet Eye's releases can already be played on the android platform. JJS over at the AGS site is doing a full port of the engine.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=44768.0

At the moment the app is still in beta but if you download and install the .apk to your device all you need to do is copy the game folder from your pc onto your phone or tablets sd card.

As long as you copy them into a folder called AGS the app will find them and should launch them perfectly. At the moment letterbox format isn't turned on by default so Blackwell and Resonance don't stretch fullscreen and the backspace softkey isn't implemented but it works fine for a quick play on the train on my way to work and the best thing is the saves are cross compatible to my windows installs.

Also I just wanted to say after buying blackwell and then resonance through gog.com a few weeks ago I haven't wanted to stop playing them. Thank You.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:40:49 AM by orpheus333 »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »
True, there's the unofficial Android port but we don't really know anything about it so we don't feel comfortable supporting it officially. After the iOS porting is done, we'll see about futzing with the Android ports.

-Dave

Offline Eirik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »
True, there's the unofficial Android port but we don't really know anything about it so we don't feel comfortable supporting it officially. After the iOS porting is done, we'll see about futzing with the Android ports.

-Dave
So, are you only porting it to iPad? Would love to have (all) your games on my iPhone.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »
It's both. Janet actually tests the game on her iPhone, so we'll know it works there before the iPad!