Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Save files?  (Read 7793 times)

Offline Frown

• View Profile
Save files?
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »
Gemini Rue seems just like my kind of game but unfortunately, I only own a Mac which means I can't run it. I thought that an alternative might be able to use the computers on campus but those delete any local content outside specific folders which means I can't just save the game and turn off the computer like I regularly would.

Now, are Gemini Rue's save files easy to manage? If so I could just save the game, upload the save file and then download it again the next time I want to play.

Offline hi

• View Profile
Re: Save files?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »
Have you tried bootcamp or the other windows-booting options you have available on a mac?  And yes, the saves are contained in the Gemini Rue/saves folder, very simple.

Offline suttonmitchell

• Adventurer!
    • View Profile
    • Kickstarter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:44:19 AM »
Like the other user said, the saves are very easy to locate.

For Windows 7, this is where my files are located. (Will most likely be similar for other OS)

C:\Users\*Your Username*\Saved Games

Also, for your future reference, Blackwell and Resonance save files also reside in this folder. I hope this was of some help.

Proud supporter of indie adventure games!
Twitter - @suttonmitchell

Offline Yuri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 03:21:48 AM »
I have just found a bad thing about saves of both Gemini Rue and Resonance. I used to play them on Windows 7, and save files were indeed located in C:\Users\*My Username*\Saved Games. Unfortunately, I had some problems with Windows 7, and now have switched to Windows XP on the same PC.
And I can no longer load those save files! Neither of the two games seems to see those files wherever I place them.
If I start a new game and save it, both Gemini Rue and Resonance save it to "C:\Documents and Settings\*My Username*\*My Documents*\My Saved Games\", but if I try to load it back, there are no save files visible in the game!
Probably, the problem is that *My Documents* folder is written in Cyrillic letters, so the game can write to it but cannot read it, - but that is a feature of Windows XP that cannot be changed easily... Never had such problems before though. Dave, maybe there is some key to run with the game executable file in order to tell it to look for saved games somewhere else??

Upd.: Well, solved the problem by setting a Windows-98 compatibility mode for both *.exe files. Now the games see their saved files in C:\Documents and Settings\*My Username*\*My Documents*\My Saved Games!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:41:47 AM by Yuri »

Offline Starmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 03:47:13 AM »
That's weird, because I had no problem at all running Resonance (original and GOG versions) and another WadjetEye game on these WinXP setups (admin rights on the account, no special settings):
C:\Documents and Settings\username\*My Documents*\My Saved Games\
C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\*My Documents*\My Saved Games\

Offline borateen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »
Running Resonance via Steam

C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\My Saved Games

Worked for me! I also found saved game files for every AGS game I've ever played. Ah, memories.

Arabia85

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 02:56:44 AM »
I prefer to read this kind of nice stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.