Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: when will achievements unlock?  (Read 10134 times)

masoniter

when will achievements unlock?
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »
The achievements are locked on steam. When do they unlock? If I play the game now, will the achievements show up later on steam when unlocked. Thanks!

Offline SamCarterX

• View Profile
Re: when will achievements unlock?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 04:22:48 PM »
They unlock as soon as you achieve them in-game (at least as I see them in the game, since I don't have Steam). You can see your achievements in-game by pressing ESC to bring up the menu and then clicking on "Achievements".

BiggerJ

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:21:25 AM »
Nerdy nerd-nerd fact time: Steam's achievement system is seperate from the game's internal achievements. The Blackwell games' achievements didn't get registered on Steam until the games became available for purchase there (Resonance's proper Steam release has been delayed until the 25th for Reasons(TM)). I don't think AGS game Steam achievements are retroactive, which means playing through the game again to unlock them. Fun! (Definition of fun may not match that present in any known or unknown culture.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:33:54 AM by BiggerJ »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 07:08:57 AM »
The reason why the Blackwell achievements didn't unlock was because they weren't actually in the game yet. :)  The Indie Royale/Steam thing came upon us quite suddenly, so we basically threw the games up on Steam so people could activate them using their codes and added the achievements later for the official Steam release.

Resonance, though, has the achievements fully integrated. The only problem is that you can't VIEW them until the game is officially available on Steam. Or at least, that's how I assume it works.

Offline Yuri

• View Profile
    • Questzone
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:58:36 AM »
Are you sure your achievements are locked? I play the Steam version, and all Steam achievements appear quite correctly as soon as I do achieve them in game :) (You can even see it online).

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 11:07:27 AM »
I'm playing the Steam version, also, and achievements are unlocking in-game as well as on Steam for me.

heyhey

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »
Achievements seem to unlock when starting a new game through Steam. But all achievements I had from completing the game are not unlocked after "migrating" to Steam (as in first playing it on a normal install then activate the game through Steam). I'm able to continue saves from where I left. I tried to create a new save from such a point late in the game but that did not help either. I had two ideas about it that was either Steam only picks up the achievements right as you get them or maybe they are saved someplace else and some file in Steamapps need to be overwritten but I do not dare to mess with that without knowing what to do. I think you need to help me or I may loose all my self esteem from not being able to brag about all the stuff achieved (!) :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:11:41 PM by heyhey »

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »
Steam has a separate achievement system than in-game. I don't think they're connected in any way, so I believe you'll have to open them again as you play the game on Steam, sorry.