Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Gemini Rue crashes under Wine on Linux?  (Read 5190 times)

scottchiefbaker

Gemini Rue crashes under Wine on Linux?
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
I'm trying to run Gemini Rue under Linux and it crashes when I try and launch it. I suspect it has something to do with OpenGL/Drivers?

err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:ddraw:ddraw_create_swapchain Failed to create swapchain, hr 0x8876086c.
err:ddraw:ddraw7_SetCooperativeLevel Failed to create swapchain, hr 0x8876086c.
fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
err:ddraw:ddraw_create_swapchain Failed to create swapchain, hr 0x8876086c.
err:ddraw:ddraw7_SetCooperativeLevel Failed to create swapchain, hr 0x8876086c.

Does Gemini Rue really use OpenGL or 3D? Is there an option just to disable that? That'd probably make it much easier to troubleshoot.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gemini Rue crashes under Wine on Linux?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
If you run the winsetup.exe file (located in the game's folder), you can switch between the Direct3D and DirectDraw graphics filter, which might troubleshoot your problem. Unfortunately, I'm not really able to give tech support for how to play the game using emulators - it's hard enough troubleshooting the game on its intended platform!. If you continue to have trouble, your best bet would be to post on the AGS technical forum. AGS being the engine that the game was created in. Since this is an engine problem and not a game problem, they are much more qualified to help you than I am.