Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: I can't play the Shivah!  (Read 6288 times)

Offline Mr_Nabby

• View Profile
I can't play the Shivah!
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »
I just found out about the Bundle-In-A-Box sale, so I bought it in order to get Gemini Rue and The Shivah, but I can't open the download file.

This is not a problem for Gemini Rue, I can play it on Steam instead, but this was the only option for The Shivah.

The problem is that it isn't in a normal setup.exe, it's in a .FILE-file, and I don't know how to open those...

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. I was able to fix the problem.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:37:11 PM by Mr_Nabby »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I can't play the Shivah!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
Gah - so sorry I didn't see this before now. Could I ask what you did to fix the problem? Some others have reported it as well!

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:10:14 PM »
I went to check mine, as I got it from Bundle in a Box as well. I click the link and it downloads as a setup.exe file, which I installed with no problem. Maybe they fixed something before I purchased it?

Great game, by the way. :)

Offline Adrasteae

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »
Hey.

I just downloaded the Shiva Demo and it's  As near as I can tell, the .exe file isn't loading commands or taking inputs properly. The game will start with the open screen (Once a goy asked...) then freeze for a minute, then go blank.

Ctrl+Alt+Del and then cancel will advance to the title screen, but that will leave the computer stuck, no mouse input, no keyboard input.

Troubleshooting: so far, I tried restarting the computer, deleting and reinstalling the files. My machine is a windows7 laptop, has anyone run into a similar issue?

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »
I'll go download it now and see what I get...I have Win 7-64 on my laptop, also. I can't remember if I played the demo before, but it's possible.
I'll edit my post with my findings.

I downloaded it, moved the packaged file to my desktop, unpacked it to my desktop in The Shivah file, clicked the shivahDemo icon in the file, it started in fullscreen (are you playing it in window or full screen?), and it's working fine for me.

Is there anything you did different?

Oh, and Shivah and Blackwell don't like to be alt+tabbed, it speeds up the chat/skips it, so you have to press tab again until it returns to normal.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:52:49 PM by Jazzy »