Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Making a game  (Read 5263 times)

Offline Damian

• View Profile
Making a game
« on: April 29, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »
How much time and money and people does it make to create games like Gemini Rue? I notice a lot of golden point and click creators like Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight) and Tim Schafer are getting funding for projects on Kickstarter... It looks like a revival of point and click is happening... So while I wait for those games I can divulge into Wadjeteye games YAY... I have only just discovered them and after watching a short video on youtube I had to find the game...
Wadjeteye looks like a very interesting company... Sierra like (wadjeteye is a hard name to remember though)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Making a game
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 06:38:08 PM »
It depends on the game! Blackwell Unbound took four months and about 800 bucks, but I was deliberately making it on-the-cheap and it shows (the artist was a college kid on her summer break!).  Blackwell Deception took a little under a year, and cost about six thousand, not including the marketing/PR expenses (which would bump it a few thousand higher).

Gemini Rue took Josh about 3-4 years to make, but he did all the art himself so it didn't really cost him anything but time.

Offline Rognik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »
The company name isn't that hard to remember if you break it up into wadjet and eye. I believe a wadjet is one of the Egyptian hieroglyphs, which is depicted in the logo. (Too bad there isn't an O for the eye to replace.)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:30:53 PM »
I once wrote a whole spiel about why I chose the name Wadjet Eye. It's too late to change it now, but if I could go back in time that's the first thing I would do. :)

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »
I say if you like the name use it. I think the name sticks. Its a part of you now Dave & I always remember it. What more could you ask for. Ta least its not a forgettable name. When I see that logo I know its a Dave Gilbert game. Or if not your in there somewhere lol. Just thought I'd say something.

Offline shadowsdeadedge

• Linux testers
  • Shaddoe J
    • View Profile
    • Shaddoe J's Twitter page
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:16:09 PM »
Wadjet Eye is a great name especially since I can pronounce it like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5_34AsMqs&feature=player_detailpage#t=27s

Can't say that about any other company name.

Offline Mad Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 04:53:01 AM »
Cool so if I pay Dave 800 bucks he will create an entire game for me from stratch!!!! :D :D  :P
Check out my blog about my crazy adventures making adventure games in China: http://Niberspace.com/blog/

Offline Sslaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »
Cool so if I pay Dave 800 bucks he will create an entire game for me from stratch!!!! :D :D  :P
Well, good luck with that one, then...