Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: So which should I buy first?  (Read 3681 times)

metal572

So which should I buy first?
« on: March 16, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »
So I saw the Blackwell series on an episode of xplay, and thought I would look into it. And to my surprise, I find out wadjeteyegames also made Gemini Rue, which I had seen before but have never tried. So I download some demos (I finished the Blackwell Legacy demo but haven't tried Gemini Rue's yet) and I have to say I am amazed. The Blackwell demo blew my mind just by the amount of feeling and depth in the letters you read in it. So I definitely want to buy these games, but my only question is, where do I begin? Should I start with the Blackwell series, or maybe Gemini Rue? I also heard that there are references to The Shiva in the Blackwell series, so should I play that before any of the Blackwell games?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: So which should I buy first?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:38 PM »
I'm afraid I've never heard of xplay, but happy it brought you here!

Where you want to start depends what you are into. Gemini Rue seems to have the most broad appeal of all the game's we've released, so it's probably your surest bet. Shivah is quite short so it's a good "taster" to see whether you'll like the rest of our stuff (keeping in mind that it was the first game I've made and I've improved much since than!) Blackwell is more of a slow burn, a story that's building up through the episodes and isn't quite finished yet.  So with those in mind... play away!

metal572

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
Thanks for the response :D. I just finished the Gemini Rue demo, and I really liked it. I gotta say, at this point you may as well just take my debit card, because I am definitely sold and want to try out all of your games ASAP!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
Heh. I wouldn't say no. :)

And I've heard three other people mention that x-play segment. I finally found it!

metal572

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
Yep that's it! You had free publicity and didn't even know it  ;D