Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Widows Vista compatable???  (Read 11534 times)

jimrh69

Widows Vista compatable???
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:00:40 PM »
Will your games work in windows Vista?? I bought the upgrade but havent installed it yet.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Widows Vista compatable???
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 07:40:49 PM »
Hi,

It should run fine on Vista.  If you want to be sure, try downloading one of the demos and make sure it runs.

RuthieJo

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 01:49:16 PM »
I purchased Blackwell Legacy yesterday from Big Fish, and I have Vista and a real good graphics card, in fact my computer is only about four months old, my problem is, when I try to play the game, the screen resolution is terrible.
Somewhere I say that the game is  in 200x300. I keep my screen resolution as high as it will go, but the game automatically set the resolution to low, which is 800x600, the lowest my computer will go. But when I try to play the game, it looks terrible, everything is in little squares, and you can barely make out anything.

I played the demo game in another game site, because BF doesn't have a demo for the game, and the demo screen resolution was perfect.

What do I do.

RuthieJo

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:06:11 PM »
Hi Ruthie Jo,

Have you tried running the game's setup file?  (It should be in the same folder as the game).  With thatm you should be able to change the game's resolution.  The recommended resolution is 640 x 480.

-Dave

RuthieJo

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 06:02:16 PM »
Dave when you buy a game from Big Fish, it's installed thru their game site and you can't change anything. I've been talking to them about the game. They wanted a screen shot so they could see what I'm talking about. The told me to do a "print screen", then put it in an image program and then into email form, but even though I have "print screen" on my keyboard, I couldn't get it to work.

The lowest my resoultion will go is 640 x 480, and the game still looks horrible.  I love the game, and hope they'll get the rest of the games that go with this one, but I can't play two or three more games looking like this one.

It's odd, I downloaded the demo from another game site and didn't have the resolution problems.

RuthieJo

RuthieJo

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »
Dave just checked my resolution again, the lowest I can go is 800 x 600, not 640 x 480, so this might be the problem.

But I still didn't have those problems when I downloaded the demo game. Big Fish doesn't have the demo game, because they say it's too large for them to handle, but then they have a lot of games that way. That's the reason I found the demo game else where and played it, to see if I wanted to buy it. I have a Big Fish came club membership and my games are $6.99 each, and I can't afford them elsewhere.

RuthieJo

Offline bingus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 06:36:22 AM »
It runs fine in Linux, just uninstall Vista ;)

Offline bl2k611

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 05:53:54 PM »
It runs fine in Linux, just uninstall Vista ;)
runs fine on XP too downgrade ;D ;D ;D

Offline SSH

• Super Scottish Hero
    • View Profile
    • SSH's AGS blog
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 05:07:58 AM »
You can change resolution, look deep inside the folders that Bigfish install and eventually you'll find a program called setup.exe: run that and you can change the game to be windowed.

Offline JohnnyW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 11:47:29 AM »
Works fine for me in Vista. Just played all three of them!