Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: I got a idea for the node-space(the place where the spirit goes away  (Read 8283 times)

Vinnie107

I think it should differ for each person...you know,like it's a piece of their memory or some version of their heaven or the place that they belong I think the going into the light thing is quite you know.... old school?I mean you can make like the ghost see a piece of it happiest memory and just fade away and we get to see into the ghost's life too. or a version of it's heaven or hell(for bad guys that is
I think the place that the ghost go to should be a happy place it would make up for the misery that it went through...so here are my thoughts... ;D

JohnBigOz

Re: I got a idea for the node-space(the place where the spirit goes away
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »
I'd say it's late for that, since there's been 4 games that showed the Node Space (the Portal to the light) so it would be quite errorenous to change it all of a sudden, besides, it would make much sense since we don't really get to know the ghosts/spirits well enough.

However, it would be fun if Dave killed off Rosa (god forbid, I love her way too much, if a movie ever is in makes, she hsould be played by Felicia Day, or Rebecca, since i believe she also has similiar hair color xD ) and showed what's beyond the light (to what he believes)

Vinnie107

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »
well... yeah I first started with deception.... and I was really not satisfied with the node space I mean the place that you go and the light you see should be different for every ghost... and I think rosa would be more satisfied when see the ghost rest in peace (also why doesn't joey get to send off some ghosts?

Offline Mr_Nabby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 05:36:05 AM »
@JohnBigOz

I've also had an idea where Rosa is killed of. However, I think that it could be interesting if she became a ghost that is unaware that it is dead herself. And thereby, the player wouldn't know she died. Let me paint a picture:

Rosa and Joey infiltrates a mansion owned by the mystic organization in order to save a friend of Rosa that has been kidnapped by them.

She wanders the dark corridors and suddenly a person sneaks up behind Rosa, and hits her in the head with a blunt object. You would assume she got knocked out and stowed away by the bad guys.
Then she would walk around, wondering why she can't find Joey anywhere.

She then encounters the criminal mastermind. Rosa confronts him, but he only tries to avoid the subject of Rosa's kidnapped friend. He then says he wants to show Rosa something in the next room, something that will answer all her questions.

She follows into the next room, only to find a body located on the floor, mostly covered up by a sheet. Rosa asks if it is her friend, but the mastermind tells her to look closer. She now notice the long red hair sticking out under the sheet.

The room starts to get twisted, and transform into the dark corridor from before. The mastermind loses the illusion, and takes the form of Joey, doing what he does best. Helping lost spirits find their way.

Vinnie107

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 06:26:45 AM »
if rosa dies it's endgame game over no more Blackwell!I really don't think that would happen....

Offline Mr_Nabby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 07:24:53 AM »
First of:  -SPOILERS-

Not necessarily. You know how Gavin died? He said he was able to revive himself by using the energy he collected from his victims. He was stopped by Lisa before he could do it, but still.

But I'm pretty sure Dave has said that there is only going to be 2, maybe 3 more Blackwell games, witch I think is a good amount. But if he would decide to kill of Rosa in the last game it could lead to several different ways for the series to end. But I think I have a pretty good ending in mind:

After Rosa finds out that she is dead she discovers that she has the same kind of ghostly powers that The Countess had (Since The Countess could be seen and heard by non mediums, and that she interact with objects, I assume all bestowers spirits can...). This would mean Rosa could match the powers of the organization, and take them down.

Rosa and Joey confronts the bad guys and manage to pull them into the node-space (Like how The Countess did in Rosa's apartment).

Rosa and Joey stands in the node-space, looking at the light. Now that Rosa is dead and the last in line of the Blackwell legacy, Joey is now free to enter the light. Rosa wonders if she is ready to move on, finally to meet her parents and Lauren. But Joey sends her back to the living, telling her that it's not her time (How does he do it? Maybe by using the energy, or the only good person of the organization that's been helping Rosa throughout the game lends a hand).
Rosa is pulled out of the node-space, leaving Joey behind, looking at the light (But we don't see him enter the light).

Rosa is alive, but have lost her medium powers, and can no longer see ghosts. It all ends with her standing at the bridge where she scattered Lauren's aches. She feels a gust of wind blowing past her, and turns around and says: Joey?

Vinnie107

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 07:48:13 AM »
that is soooooooooo Hollywood and sooooooooooooooooooooooooo old school.....I think a ending that no one would expected would be better - -

Alastor

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »
So what Vinnie ? Old school and cliché isn't good anymore ? ( I didn't read what Nabby wrote, I want to be completely surprised at the end of blackwell! )

Offline Livie

• View Profile
Actually, according to the commentary in Blackwell Legacy, Dave had a similar idea when he was working on plot ideas in the series. He toyed with the idea of freeing each ghost in a metaphorical way, but decided it got too complicated.

Personally I like the idea of node space as something otherworldly and impersonal. It was ties to the mortal world which held the ghost back from the afterlife, even if those ties weren't nice. For me node space underscores the fact that the ghosts fully realize that they have no more place in the physical world and have to move on.