Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Income  (Read 3899 times)

Offline aislingyngaio

• View Profile
    • The House of Ngaio
Blackwell Income
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:52:00 AM »
I've just bought Legacy and Unbound through BFG (haven't had the time to play other than the free 1-hour though... still busy writing walkthroughs on other games), and I was just wondering... how do the Blackwell women earn their keep? Lauren and Rosa were single ladies in NYC apartments. Single apartments, mind you. At least Rosa's an aspiring writer and freelances for papers (though I can't imagine that earns a lot), but how does Lauren keep up the rent, eat and smoke like a chimney all at the same time? What does she do when she's not out ghostbusting? And how on earth do they not fall over and collapse from lack of sleep if they're like awake almost 24 hours a day?

P.S. You aren't using Plimus anymore, Dave? Haven't seen Deception appearing on my affiliate list yet.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:00:47 AM by aislingyngaio »
~Aisling Yinyr Ngaio~
Writer of commentary walkthroughs for Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Blackwell Convergence, Puzzle Bots, Resonance

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell Income
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:07:13 AM »
Hi there!

This question is actually answered in Deception, and mentioned in Legacy (although you can blink and miss it).

In a nutshell, when Rosa's grandparents died all their money passed down to Lauren and Jack.  When Jack died, his share went to Lauren.  When Lauren died, all of the money went to Rosa.  So basically it's three generations of middle-class income, barely used, that all belongs to Rosa.  She has enough to pay for her apartment and the essentials, but that's about it.

Offline aislingyngaio

• View Profile
    • The House of Ngaio
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:50:36 AM »
Eh, cool. So did Lauren do anything with her cum laude, or did she just focus on Joey all the time?

And here's the thing... wouldn't a huge part of the money have gone into Lauren's 25 years in the hospital? I know it's a public hospital or something, but I got the impression that the ward they put Lauren in with the round-the-clock sedatives won't come in cheap.
(non-American displaying totally ignorance about American public healthcare system here *sheepish grin*)
~Aisling Yinyr Ngaio~
Writer of commentary walkthroughs for Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Blackwell Convergence, Puzzle Bots, Resonance

Offline aislingyngaio

• View Profile
    • The House of Ngaio
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:53:11 AM »
OK, so I read in this thread that the info about the inheritance can only be "trigger[ed] at a very specific time" in Legacy, so may I know where is this time? :D

And P.S. I like to think of Joey as kinda like the Whitelighters of Charmed (TV series), that they were brought back because they did great good while they were alive (he did die to save his partner Marconi, or something of that kind).

P.P.S. Would Rosa's Italian relatives have anything to do with spirit guides? As I see it, the whole gig actually started with Patricia (she was a Blackwell only by marriage), so maybe Patty's birth family will be the ones to end up with Joey eventually.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:57:22 AM by aislingyngaio »
~Aisling Yinyr Ngaio~

Offline Vinnie107

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 03:27:08 AM »
the word medical insurance poped into my head。。。

Offline Yermog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
I got the impression that by the time Deception comes along, Rosa has kind of started a business with people paying her for taking care of their ghost problems.
She mentions not getting paid once she crashes the yacht in the beginning of the game. I don't imagine that she's got a huge pool of customers, but it probably helps pay a chunk of the bills.