Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Deception Achievements Not Unlocking.  (Read 5909 times)

hikikomori

Blackwell Deception Achievements Not Unlocking.
« on: February 08, 2012, 05:44:39 AM »
I played Deception up to where you get to Rosa's Apartment.  I used AGS to put the game in windowed mode before starting.  I've unlocked in game, 5 achievements.  None of those achievements are showing up as unlocked in steam/steamcommunity.

I do not have a beta version of steam.  I'm running the regular version with no beta participation. 

I tried reopening the game.  I tried replaying the game again to see if the achievements would show.  I tried restarting steam as well.

I did not lose connection to steam at any point while playing.

Playing on Windows XP SP3
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:23:40 PM by hikikomori »

hikikomori

Re: Blackwell Deception Achievements Not Unlocking.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »
I tried deleting the game,  checked steamapps/common to make sure there were no old saves and turned off steam cloud sync ever though it had 0/mbs stored. 

I re-installed the game.  There were no saves in the saves folder but in game my old saves were there.  I checked the in-game achievement menu and it had no achievements gained.  That was new so I decided to play again to see if they would unlock this time "on a fresh playthrough".  This time I had it in default settings in fullscreen.

I replayed the game again up to Rosa's Apartment and got 5 achievements.  Secret Compartment on the first try, only get shot once, the boat spoiler, solve a  puzzle, and Rosa's apartment photos.  Still no achievements unlock on steam.  In steam and Steam community it still shows 0/18 even though in-game it says I have the 5 above.

I guess my next step is to try it on another computer or another connection, although I don't think its the connection.  I've been playing plenty of games in the timespan between and had achievements unlock correctly.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:22:54 PM by hikikomori »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:27:20 PM »
I just learned that there was an update to the Steam client the other day that might be causing this problem.  We had to do some serious finagling to get the achievements to work in the first place. Hopefully there's a way to fix this without rebuilding the game and destroying everybody's savegame files again!

hikikomori

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:41:55 AM »
I just learned that there was an update to the Steam client the other day that might be causing this problem.  We had to do some serious finagling to get the achievements to work in the first place. Hopefully there's a way to fix this without rebuilding the game and destroying everybody's savegame files again!

Thank you for the response.  Hopefully all goes well.  :D      I can wait patiently till a fix is found on either end.  I'll check the thread now and again to see if there are any updates. I love the Blackwell games.  I've gotten all the achievements in them except for Deception of course.  Cheers

hustlayo

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »
I have the same problem with Convergence. Exactly the same - everything...

hikikomori

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »

I saw a post on the steam forums for Gemini Rue saying they're also having issues.  Seems most Wadjet Eye Games now have this problem due to a steam client update.  Dave responded similarly to that thread.  http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2533050

hustlayo

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 03:59:41 AM »

I saw a post on the steam forums for Gemini Rue saying they're also having issues.  Seems most Wadjet Eye Games now have this problem due to a steam client update.  Dave responded similarly to that thread.  http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2533050

Yeah. I hope they'll fix it cause I love getting achievements in Blackwell games.