Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: The Blackwell Legacy Dialog Bug/Issue, Please Help  (Read 11624 times)

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
The Blackwell Legacy Dialog Bug/Issue, Please Help
« on: January 19, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »
Hi, I have the series on Steam. I started playing yesterday, and when I was speaking with Nashanti in the park the dialog and sound *flashed* through quickly and I was unable to go further in the game without this still happening, so I had to restart. After speaking to her and feeding Moti today, it started again, so I loaded my save from yesterday and avoided her apartment for a while. Now I've gone into her apartment (with Joey along) and again after speaking with her and calming Moti, the dialog quickly flashes by and I'm unable to read or hear the story. I try loading a save file and still have the same issue, so I'm going to have to start all over again. Please help me with this issue, thanks in advance.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Blackwell Legacy Dialog Bug/Issue, Please Help
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »
This usually happens when you activate the steam overlay, or if you alt-tab out of the game and back in again.  Is that what is happening?

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »
That's quite possible, as I was able to load a save (after quitting the game) so I didn't have to start completely over and have been playing and it's just happened again at the dog park. I did just a bit ago use the Steam overlay. I exited the game as my saves did the same thing, but upon restart I tried talking to Joey and was able to. Now that I've alt+tabbed I'll probably have to restart, but if that's all the issue is I can totally live with it ;D.
Thank you so much, Mr. Gilbert, for your help and prompt response. It's much appreciated!

ericdp

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:36:30 AM »
Yes, this always happens with me if I shift-tab to the Steam overlay.  It can be fixed (for whatever reason) by pressing ESC when you get back in the game.

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »
Thank you, ericdp. I found that also shift-tabbing again (sometimes a couple times) helped the issue so that I don't have to restart. I'm just glad to know that it's the overlay as I was getting frustrated after a couple restarts.

P.S. Thank you, Dave, for a great game. I just unlocked all the achievements.  :)

lgottschald

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »
I tried Blackwell Legacy yesterday and was a great surprise. I found a problem ( maybe a bug ) when I finished
**spoiler**[hide] the article about the suicidal girl and Rosa felt something. She ask to go outside and I went to Nashanti's Apartment. I started a conversation but I miss-clicked and  finished my conversation ( and I saw more options like ask about the flute, dog...), when I tried again the only option was feed the dog. I am trying to remember if I left the apartment and came back. But my opinion is: If you are unable to ask about the park, how can you proceed? My only option was Rosa's Building and the Medical Facility. I restored my previous save and this time, didn't do any mistake.[/hide].**spoiler**

Just to let you know about this problem. I don't know why but this kind of problem happens with me a lot. Maybe I am cursed. *joking*

I wanna take this post to send you congratulations about your work, a great work actually and say you are a person to inspire all of us. Who never dreamed about create your own game and publish? And you did it. Congratulations again.

That's enough, I bet you are floating already.  8)

Keep the excellent work.

Leibnitz

vacuumkirt

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »
Got the bundle on Steam yesterday.

I played the first one earlier this month, looking forward to the other games in the series.

I love those graphics a lot.

I can't stop playin!

;)
Kirsten Nelson
Vacuum Pouches and Foodsaver Bags, Product Manager
East Brisbane, Queensland

JohnBigOz

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »
Got the bundle on Steam yesterday.

I played the first one earlier this month, looking forward to the other games in the series.

I love those graphics a lot.

I can't stop playin!

;)
Kirsten Nelson
Vacuum Pouches and Foodsaver Bags, Product Manager
East Brisbane, Queensland

Is.. this a spam bot or something? Why you going off topic? And why are you telling us.. where you live.. and what your selling.