Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Unable to play any of the games within the Blackwell Bundle?  (Read 9795 times)

Offline Ali

• View Profile
Unable to play any of the games within the Blackwell Bundle?
« on: January 17, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
Hi there. I purchased the Blackwell Bundle off of Steam today. After installing all of the games, I attempted to launch Legacy - this led to a blank screen with what sounded like title music. I was unable to get past this screen when attempting to start any of the four games, though I could always hear the title music. I've never had this issue before with any other Steam game, and have verified that I can successfully launch other Steam games after unsuccessfully trying to start Blackwell. Please help, I'm super excited to play these! Thank you so much!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to play any of the games within the Blackwell Bundle?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »
Hi Ali!  Here's a quick solution that worked for another player who had this same problem.

In your steam client, right-click on one of the games.  Then select "Properties" and then "Set Launch Options."  Type "--setup" and click OK.  When you run the game, the setup window will pop up.  The graphics filter setting should be set to "Direct3D."  Set it to "DirectDraw" and click "Save and Run."

This worked for the other customer who reported the same issue.  Hopefully it will work for you!

-Dave

Offline Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:02:43 PM »
I thought I could only wish to receive such excellent and timely customer service!! Thank you SO much Dave, your instructions were clear, easy to follow, and solved my problem! You've made me a fan before I've even played the game.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »
You've made me a fan before I've even played the game.

:) is all I can say!  Hope you enjoy it.

Offline Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:02:19 PM »
I finished the last game tonight. I really enjoyed all of them, and was very sad when the credits to Deception started rolling. (Well, sad AND satisfied.) What am I supposed to follow that up with?! Any ETA on #5? Not to be, you know, pushy or anything. <3

Offline GaryCXJk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
Well, you could just always buy the AGS Bake Sale Bundle if you need some more adventure gaming, but if it's Blackwell you want, I'm betting it will take a while. Perhaps a year, perhaps two years, perhaps a later year.

Offline Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:52:31 PM »
Hey, thanks Gary! That's an excellent suggestion. Blackwell is certainly what I'm fiending for, although I understand I can't have that at this very second. I'm hoping it won't hit the three year mark though.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 11:34:49 PM »
I'm in the midst of designing Blackwell #5 right now!  It's going a bit slower than normal, since I'm going to be publishing three other games this year.  Most likely it will be sometime in 2013. :)

Offline Minjid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 05:44:08 AM »
I have the same problem, but downloaded the bundle directly at groupees.com. Thus, I dont have a steam client. What can I do?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 06:05:13 AM »
If you don't have the Steam client, you can run the setup application directly by going to the game's folder and running "WINSETUP.EXE." Let me know if that doesn't work.

Offline Minjid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »
Thank you for your fast help. Everything works fine now.