Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Have you ever considered bringing your games to ios?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Y0UNGmodern

• View Profile
Have you ever considered bringing your games to ios?
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »
Hey Wadjet Eye Games,

I first read about your games on kotaku.com and since then added you guys to my favourites for games to look out for.  I've watched the videos showing your games and wish I could play them.  I use a mac and also an ipad so currently I can't buy your games,  so with that being said I'd like to ask if you'll ever consider porting them to ios so us ipad owners can enjoy them too?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Kevin

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever considered bringing your games to ios?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:51:06 AM »
Yes and yes.  I've discussed this before, but the cookie-cutter explaination is that AGS is rigidly a PC platform, and isn't very portable friendly.  The engine just went open source, so porting is possible, but it's still a mechton of work.  After our current round of projects is done, we want to take a crack at an iOS port.  And by "we" I really mean my wife, who spent almost a decade doing mobile development before I stole her away. :)

Offline danbates2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:53:23 PM »
Any updates? Perhaps a KickStarter for this project?

-Danno
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:14:12 PM by danbates2002 »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »
If you follow my twitter or facebook page, you'd know that we've been working on it since Resonance was launched! Or rather, Janet's been working on it. She's got it running on the iThing, but it's got a long way to go before it's touch-screen friendly.

-Dave