Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: definitely got more than my money's worth  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Loner

• View Profile
definitely got more than my money's worth
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:33:26 PM »
I grew up with adventure games, played the Bestowers of Eternity "demo" from Adventure Games Studio and I heard a lot of great reviews about the Blackwell series.  Plus it was made from the same company that made the Gemini Rue I played on Steam.  So I got these games with the Christmas discount and they beat like every game I bought for 5-10 times the price.

*Spoilers?*

Despite its short length, I liked Legacy with the music's "modern" feel to it as well as the characters, dialogue, and voice acting; I really felt the personalities given to them.  One of the puzzles had me going "Well I already know that this name can be changed to fit either gender but how do I tell her?"  Almost made me wish this part would be parser-based.  But it was solved through a little brute-forcing so none of them were hard enough for me to look up a walkthrough (I guess that any hints might have made it too easy anyway).  And thankfully, I wasn't required to help that guy get away with what he did.

Just finished Unbound and again, great characters, dialogue, voice acting and again, the puzzle difficulty was just right; once I found the solutions, I was kicking myself for not finding it sooner.  I liked the addition of the fight scene at the end as well; Joey mentioned back in Legacy that she died because "she made a mistake" so I thought for sure she was destined to do so right here but I guess I was wrong.  :P

Gonna start Convergence tomorrow.  I was planning to save the series for a busier schedule in January but now I'm hooked; it's just as good as the Chzo Mythos quadrilogy!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:30:44 PM by Loner »