Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: [Spoilers] Auntie Lauren's insanity  (Read 3109 times)

Offline johnnythewolf

• View Profile
[Spoilers] Auntie Lauren's insanity
« on: December 18, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »
Hello all

Why exactly did Auntie Lauren go mad? I can understand this happening with Rosangela's grandmother, as she never wanted to acknowledge Joey, but Lauren? In Unbound, the two were getting along pretty well, I think. You'd think she would have been more than able to cope with him while raising her niece.

Am I missing something, or is Joey just a meanie?

Thanks in advance

Offline BiggerJ

• View Profile
Re: [Spoilers] Auntie Lauren's insanity
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:41:04 AM »
It wasn't Joey's fault. When she became a medium, she didn't just get Joey. She also got the Waypoint in her head. Being a medium became a part of her. When she inherited Rosangela, she decided to quit, for the girl's sake. She wanted to give her the best chance at life, and that meant taking her own medium work out of the picture.

Refusing the job drives you mad. Lauren's mother didn't last long; she never even started.

Offline Insaniac99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 03:23:38 PM »
I got the feeling there was a little more, like she tried to break her connection much like the countess did.

Offline LupusPhasmatis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:34:26 PM »
I think Joey said she just stopped helping spirits to concentrate on Rosa.
It could be the price of being a Medium  ...once the "Gift" is active they have to help lost/confused spirits to move on or they go mad? Or perhaps it's some kind of family curse?

Even if Lauren did try to sever the link between her and Joey, I'm not sure it would have driven her mad unless she'd actually succeeded. We know Joey stayed with Lauren and was free to move onto Rosa after Lauren died -while Madeleine was separated from the Countess and trapped.

But maybe Lauren didn't lose her grip on reality so much as get pushed, and that night when the police found her I think she was shouting at someone, but it wasn't Joey........

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:10:42 PM by LupusPhasmatis »