Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Biscuit glitch? *spoilers*  (Read 10377 times)

Offline Insaniac99

• View Profile
Re: Biscuit glitch? *spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 02:05:04 AM »
Thanks in advance Insaniac99!

From now on, I hope to have some save games at specific points, to avoid this issue (Day1, Day2, Day3, at least).

Is there a list of game breaking bugs ? Can we have that info on the forum ?
I think it's a good idea to keep one, so people can refer to the list and "walk-around" the bugs :)

I'll be honest, I had never seen the biscuit bug, or the other one involving Nishanti and I try to be thorough with my testing.  I think I logged the first instance of the "kelly crash" and found many other minor ones.  I'll post a day 2 save asap.  If I find any game breaking bugs in my testing of the others I'll post them (and how to avoid) if I can reliably replicate them

EDIT: Attached is a save at the very start of day two, I'm not gonna do more unless you really need them.  As mentioned previously this is for the STEAM version, and will not necessarily work in other versions (or when the steam version is updated)  savegame folder for steam (with everything default) is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\blackwell legacy\Saves

I made it a zip because of upload limits, but the forum doesn't allow zips so I added .txt to the end. rename it to remove the .txt then unzip normally.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:17:50 AM by Insaniac99 »

monkeyfudge

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 05:23:04 AM »
Ah, thanks for that. Seems to have done the job. Non-steam version here as well.

I think the issue is that Nishanti's complete dialogue tree disappears after you speak to her the first time, so if you don't get everything out of her then, then you can't it later.

Cush1978

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »
Worked for me as well.  The Indie Bundle version stores its games in My Documents\My Saved Games in case anyone couldn't find them.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »
Thanks Insaniac99!  This will help muchly. 

And... bleh.  I'm afraid there is no way to fix this bug without totally breaking everybody's save games.  We've tried it a bunch of different ways and it just won't work.  As I said before, this is an AGS quirk and not something we can fix ourselves. 

What does this mean, exactly?  If we patch this game now we'd break everyone's savegames, only to break them AGAIN once the official Steam build gets upgraded on the 13th.  So in weighing the pros and cons we figure it's probably better to wait and have one super-stable build then to break everyone's savegames twice.  So, ugh.  So sorry about this.  In the meantime, Insaniac99's upload will save the day (as it were).

Speaking of which, Insaniac99 deserves some kind reward for his help.  Is there anything on the WEG store that you want to try but don't have already?  Let me know and I'll hook you up.