Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Kelly crash bug - fixed!  (Read 27263 times)

Offline Wulf

• View Profile
Re: Kelly crash bug - fixed!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »
Just noticed this! Wished I'd looked in here before creating my thread (which I've noe deleted, no need for duplicates!). But the thread title is a bit generic. Anyway, glad to see this fixed as it is a tiny bit of a game breaker.

Hooray, this means I can get back to playing it!

Also, thanks for Gemini Rue as well, guys. I loved the heck out of that game and I'm looking forward to enjoying the trilogy.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 09:12:16 PM »
Hah.  So that was you.  I wrote out a reply and hit "post" and then got an error.  Eventually I realized that the thread had been deleted. 

So now you know the epic saga of Kelly and the notebook.  Listen to the commentary to hear the truly spine-chilling story of Moti's dog leash.

Offline nerka99

• View Profile
Re: Error in steam version of Legacy
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 02:29:19 AM »
Best excuse for the bug ever!
Say it's a feature not a bug and call it a day :D

Offline mutant-enemy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 02:30:54 AM »
Had to stop playing at the same scene yesterday and eventually bumped into this thread. It's great you already fixed it, can't wait to play again!

(Loved GR as well!)

Offline Ankahara

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 04:11:48 AM »
Now i could say "I was here!"
Had the same bug, search for developers, get here, and realize that's it's already fixed.
But i'm proud to have been a witness of this! I even hope for another bug in the sequels and come back here! (well, not really, but it's a very user friendly thread)

Offline nerka99

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 05:40:37 AM »
Part 2 completed no bugs
Started Convergence and i have lil nitpick

U can't see it when its so small but on full screen u see clearly that letter "o" is partially on Rosa's thumb :)
And yes i know it's such a small thing that its prolly not worth mentioning and its surelly not breaking the game :P
[edit] PS avatar of Allan have blue tie and his sprite have red tie :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:55:14 AM by nerka99 »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 10:17:02 AM »
Doh!  I think I can record that in the "trivial" column. :)  I'll fix it for the Jan 13th Steam release.

Offline nerka99

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »
Doh!  I think I can record that in the "trivial" column. :)  I'll fix it for the Jan 13th Steam release.

One more thing, there is missing sound file in Lanthern location when Mallone ask Rose if shes hearing saxophone, there is only text there.

Also there were few places when voice cuted in 3/4 of sentence and few places when voice was a bit diffrent from what was shown in text (this one i've also seen in 2nd part of the game)

Oh and i've just finished part 3... must say those games gave me amazing experience
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:01:13 AM by nerka99 »

Offline Rissa

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:14 AM »
Just started playing the game today, and so far it's really great! One of the better adventure games I played the last months.

I just noticed a small bug in Legacy:

When Rosa had a look at the pictures on JoAnn's pin board and asks Adrian about Davenport the wrong voice-over is played. The subtitles say something like "Do you know someone named Davenport" (it's kind of hard to read as it vanishes so fast), but the voice-over that sounds is "Thanks anyway", which is played again after Adrian answers the question.

Just a small thing, but maybe worth fixing for the January release.

Edit: And another of these tiny errors...
When Rosa is going to the hospital at night and you click the keys the text sometimes says "Yeah right, while the guard is watching" or something like this, but the voice-over says "I don't need any of the other keys".
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:21:49 PM by Rissa »

Offline nerka99

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 01:02:50 PM »
there is also 1 inconsistency which was weird to me (but i know it want be changed prolly)
Mallone said at least twice about him not beeing able to smoke as a ghost, and missing it etc... but on Blackwells Christmass picture (i think it was this one) hes holding cigarette
... i know, nitpick :P

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »
Maybe he got a pack of cigarettes from another ghost and that was his last one?  It would explain why he looks so annoyed in that picture.

Offline besterp12

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 01:59:15 PM »
Small glitch with new commentary.  The dog run keeps repeating  the lines about ghosts looking bad in light and about allie & the trailer every time you enter the dog run in the daytime.  And mentions allie & the trailer again at night.

Only other issue I notice was that I got a crash when I clicked on the notebook and tried to do stuff with it as soon as it showed up in the UI, but  it never happened again.

Offline subsider34

• View Profile
Re: Error in steam version of Legacy
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 12:15:28 AM »
The game is fixed on Desura.  The Steam version will be fixed whenever they hit the "accept upgrade" button.
I have the Desura version of the game and the Kelly Script bug is still present.  The installed version of the game I have is "Full (1026), Build 2".  I've re-downloaded the game twice.

Also, are there any plans to update the stand-alone version?

***EDIT***
After sleeping on it, I wonder, is the continued presence of this bug in the Desura version caused by the way it's packaged?  The Steam version allows the individual games of the trilogy to be downloaded while the Desura version downloads all the games as a package called "The Blackwell Trilogy: Remastered".  You then use a launcher to choose the specific game you want to play.

Would this mean that in order to update one specific game you would have to issue a patch for the bundle of games?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:32:12 PM by subsider34 »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »
I... am not sure!  I definitely sent the fixed version to Desura.  I sent an email to Mike Rose to ask him about it, but it's 2am in the UK right now so we probably won't know until tomorrow.  I'll let you know.

-Dave

Offline Rissa

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »
The direct download at indyroyale.com already links to the new file with the filename being Legacy1.zip instead of Legacy.zip. So users who don't like Steam can at least get the fixed file without problems (I prefer direct downloads as I like to have a backup on CD...)