Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Hey, it's a new game! "To the Moon" is now available  (Read 5971 times)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey, it's a new game! "To the Moon" is now available
« on: November 16, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
It is with extreme pleasure that we announce our next affiliate game:

Dr. Eva Rosalene and Dr. Neil Watts have rather peculiar jobs:

They give people another chance to live. Literally.

There exists a technology that allows doctors to weave artificial memories, such that a patient can request attempts to alter their mind, and wake up with memories of things that didn't actually happen.

This particular story follows Dr. Rosalene and Dr. Watts' attempt to fulfill the wishes of a dying elderly man, Johnny. In their mission to do so, they traverse backwards through the man's memories, unfolding his curious life story before their eyes.

With each step back in time, a new fragment of Johnny's past is revealed. And as the two doctors piece together the puzzled events that spanned a life time, they seek to find out just why the frail old man chose his dying wish to be what it is.

And Johnny's last wish is, of course... to go to the moon.

Buy it here.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:59:42 AM by DaveGilbert »

Offline internisus

• View Profile
Re: Hey, it's a new game! "To the Moon" is now available
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
This is a terrific fit for both parties, I think.  Here's hoping that the good Wadjet Eye name leads to further exposure for our indie darling.

Offline Shou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 07:21:06 PM »
Will this get a physical release? Would love to buy one!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:17:18 AM »
Unfortunately not.  Being an affiliate game, I don't have exclusive rights to it.

Offline epidion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »
Fabulous, fabulous game.  Really beautifully written, and in particular I loved the style and themes reminiscent of the 16-bit era; clearly, someone on the development team is a Chrono Trigger fan.  The music also captured the mood and essence of the characters perfectly, comprising an excellent soundtrack in its own right (which I'm not going to have any trouble purchasing).  The gameplay, while simplistic, was unique and satisfying, and I found myself caring greatly about the need for efficiency in my puzzle-solving as [mild spoiler] the client might not have much time left.
Kudos to the developers, and thank you Dave for making this gem that much more accessible to us indie-lovers.