Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Deception's conspiracy theme.  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Mad Manny

• View Profile
Deception's conspiracy theme.
« on: October 23, 2011, 09:56:30 AM »
I realized instantly that Deception would be a big hit from the moment I read Dave's blog-post about the story being inspired by his real-life attempt to infiltrate NY's psychic-conspiracy with hidden secret-agent cameras, not a lot of developers can pull up life-stories like THAT for inspiration :D
Most devs would only say "Uhh I was watching TV one day in my underwear and decided to steal the plot from the show I was watching". :P

(SPOILERS)
Although personally I would have liked it even more if the main villain was just another greedy selfish bastard rather than some 200 year old magical vampire, but that's just my own personal style that I prefer to deal with real-life problems.

I've always suspected that psychics do a lot of 200$ scams here and there it wasn't until this game when I opened my eyes and realized there probably is a lot of cases in real-life where those scam-artists gets their hooks into some wealthy old lady's will and bring in HUGE sums, now THAT's the kind of conspiracy I want to crack wide open. :D

Now let's all put on our tinfoil-hats and be developers at day and conspiracy-busters at night, just like Dave! :D
Check out my blog about my crazy adventures making adventure games in China: http://Niberspace.com/blog/

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Deception's conspiracy theme.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:25:33 AM »
Most devs would only say "Uhh I was watching TV one day in my underwear and decided to steal the plot from the show I was watching". :P

:-X  I admit to nothing.