Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Thoughts on "Danny Boy"  (Read 4242 times)

Offline LilyLaura18

• View Profile
Thoughts on "Danny Boy"
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:53:21 AM »
In Blackwell Deception, Dave's newest dash of brilliance, we learn about a character named Danny Marconi.

Note: Please do not read the following if you have not completed this game. Major spoilers follow. Highlight to read.

Marconi, a former tailor and Clarinet player, spent some time at Seagram Assisted Living in his old age and died "peacefully" in his sleep one afternoon, leaving behind his granddaughter, Lisa Tenkin (who also happened to be a phony street psychic who got herself killed).

Lisa reveals that Danny felt a constant guilt over a friend who had given his life to save him. He felt as if he didn't deserve to live at that friend's expense.

It is strongly suggested that this friend might be Joey.

Any thoughts on this new development?

Offline frederic09

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts on "Danny Boy"
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
Even if it's suggestive, i think that Joey died when he saved Danny's life, and this act of goodness turned him as a spirit guide; because Danny's "destiny" was to die that day, not Joseph.

But as usual, it's my point of view ^_^

Offline Mad Manny

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts on "Danny Boy"
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:51:24 AM »
A very nice side-plot indeed, as in Convergence (SPOILERS) the John Gould side-plot seemed somewhat irrelevant (or did I miss the connection?) so it was a nice moment in Deception when the Danny Boy story-line fell so neatly into place. :)
Check out my blog about my crazy adventures making adventure games in China: http://Niberspace.com/blog/