Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: New favorite: Jamie Graham  (Read 8805 times)

Offline LilyLaura18

• View Profile
New favorite: Jamie Graham
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »
I've just finished playing Blackwell Deception in one sitting (my butt's a bit numb, too) and have to share, as many already have, how brilliant this game is. The storyline is so perfectly interwoven, and this time around there are plenty of new characters of all walks of life (and death) to explore.

I particularly enjoyed the references to Dave's past work i.e. The Epileptic Fish band (a reference to Dave's freeware games) and the introduction of Cecil Sharpe's son, Ken.

However, my favorite ghost has got to be Jamie Graham (remember, the young bookish college student turned party-goer from Illinois who gave Joey his first kiss in several decades?).

The sexual innuendos make me giggle, and I adored the look on Rosa's face when he walked out of the Lounge with her.

Offline frederic09

• View Profile
Re: New favorite: Jamie Graham
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »
yes, i found that scene a kind of cute.

Who would have expected seeing Rosa being jealous ?

Offline LilyLaura18

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »
Rosa comes across as the type who would only be able to get "er"s and "um"s out if a guy hit on her.

Shany

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
I actually expected there to be something between Rosa and Jeremy. He certainly showed interest (keeping that picture around, acting nervous when Rosa calls Joey her 'partner').

As for Jamie, I liked her a lot as well. She was just so friendly and outgoing. I wanted to hang out with her  :D.
Oh, and I found the scenes between her and Joey adorable.

RavenishZero

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »
Jamie was pretty cool. I wasn't expecting her to kiss Joey since I hadn't seen the trailer. x3
I still like Durkin the best.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 07:39:09 AM »
I showed this thread to Sarah Elmaleh (the actress who played Jamie) and she's incredibly flattered that you liked her character so much.

RavenishZero

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »
She is pretty amazing. :D Glad she's flattered.

CrimsonKnight

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:47 PM »
As for Jamie, I liked her a lot as well. She was just so friendly and outgoing. I wanted to hang out with her. Oh, and I found the scenes between her and Joey adorable.

I agree.

Does Jamie really like Joey? As noted in the commentary: Jamie doesn't want anything to do with Joey until he starts telling her things she wants to hear, on the other hand he did help her reach and epiphany and seems regretful she didn't get to know him better.Maybe she'll show up later as someone's spirit guide?

Was Rosa Jealous? She did make a grumpy face when she saw her kiss him and later, she seemed disparaging when she thought he was going in there to "you know". If Rosa is Jealous, is she jealous in a "he's mine' way or a "why can't I meet someone" way. I guess the only way to find out would be to ask the creators and/or voice actors to see what they thought.

BlankCanvasDJ

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 10:07:17 PM »
I don't think Rosa was jealous, per se, I think she just found the whole situation kind of...icky.

Offline Rognik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 12:45:41 AM »
I particularly enjoyed the references to Dave's past work i.e. The Epileptic Fish band (a reference to Dave's freeware games) and the introduction of Cecil Sharpe's son, Ken.

Is this confirmed anywhere? I did note the shared last name, and the mild family resem- OK, they're both black. But that alone is hardly enough to establish that they are related. Too bad his name wasn't something like David or Fred or Aaron, to follow the pattern of C Sharpe.

Also, I apologise for the thread necromancy.

aislingyngaio

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 04:48:11 AM »
It was confirmed in Deception. If you noticed the photos on the wall of Ken's office and ask him about them (they're both from Unbound), he'll tell you that's his dad's old band.