Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Deception ending  (Read 14138 times)

DaniDBR

Blackwell Deception ending
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
I finished playing Blackwell Deception(btw,it was FREAKING AWESOME!) and I gotta admit that the ending(the scene with Rosa and Joey at the High Line and the scene after the credits) was one of the best parts in the game.It totally got me thinking about what is going to happen in the next game.But what about you guys? Any deep thoughts concerning the ending? And what about Madeline? Where did she go? Opinions,opinions!

Offline Jackie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell Deception ending
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
I thought the ending was also awesome.  Madeline will probably turn up in one of the next games. 

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »
My though on  Madeline is that she did escape the void and perhaps she might find another medium to bond with. It may be farfetched but I do hope  Madeline finds happiness one way or another.

Offline frederic09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
Yes it's what i thought too. At first, i was wondering why Madeline wasn't with Joey.

But i have the answer. They "respawned" at their exact spot where they were "banished".

To fight against her enemies, Rosa will need help, and i'm pretty sure Madeline will have a big role in the next episode. Maybe she will be Rosa's second spirit guide. All depends of Dave now ^_^

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »
i agree bout the respawn thing. but i dowbt Rosa would be able to handle 2 sprit guides. pluss remember they seem to be limided in there abilites unless  Madeline is able to do things Joey can't. having 2 almost useless sprite guides sounds kind of pointless. just a joke Joey. you do you do gooooood!(Stewie Griffin Family Guy)

RavenishZero

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 11:28:14 PM »
I'm not sure if it was just me, but the ending made me really sad. Like Joey getting locked in "nodespace".. and then I thought the game was going to end there, but I got a surprise. I felt really angry at Gavin too and then he died and everyone was happy. (I think)
As for Madeline, I had a feeling she would have disappeared to somewhere else..

Offline Brimstone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »
For me, the ending was rather frustrating. Already I'm pining for the next game. So many questions left unanswered. Like "Will Rosa be able to keep the teachings Gavin gave her?" "Where did Madeline go after Joey came back?" "Why was she surprised about Joey's tie and how come she didn't realize what the tie was in the first place?". These are only a few of the questions I have that I hope get answered in the next installment.

Offline Jim Gamma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 10:54:18 AM »
Well, my thought is that Madeleine's old 'host' is dead, and when a Medium dies, the ghost moves on to a relative, so that's what happened - it just happened later than it should have done due to Madeleine being confined to null space.

Offline frederic09

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 12:50:42 PM »
i agree bout the respawn thing. but i doubt Rosa would be able to handle 2 sprit guides.

Yes i know. Maybe one medium can have only one spirit guide. But i really believe i'll see Madeline next to Rosa and Joey in the next episode.

I'm not sure if it was just me, but the ending made me really sad. Like Joey getting locked in "nodespace".. and then I thought the game was going to end there, but I got a surprise. I felt really angry at Gavin too and then he died and everyone was happy. (I think)

Yes, seeing what happened with the demo, I would have expected to see the game finishing with this cliffhanger xD

As for Madeline, I had a feeling she would have disappeared to somewhere else..
I think she "respawned" in the place where the Countess "banished" her.

For me, the ending was rather frustrating. Already I'm pining for the next game. So many questions left unanswered.

Yes, so true. But i always have my little theories. I'll give you my point of view by answering your questions.

"Will Rosa be able to keep the teachings Gavin gave her?"

Of course, she learned a good lesson. She will be stronger now.

"Where did Madeline go after Joey came back?"

I think she go to the spot where the Countess banished her.

"Why was she surprised about Joey's tie and how come she didn't realize what the tie was in the first place?".

Because her link with the Countess was completely different : It was the diner.
(And Rosa destroyed it in Convergence ^_^)
So i can understand her suprise when she saw that Joey was wearing all the time the link with his medium.

These are only a few of the questions I have that I hope get answered in the next installment.
Yes i hope too. But we all know that Dave has already the answers ^_^

Well, my thought is that Madeleine's old 'host' is dead, and when a Medium dies, the ghost moves on to a relative, so that's what happened - it just happened later than it should have done due to Madeline being confined to null space.
I'm not Dave, but here's my theory.

Well, in, my mind i was thinking that the Countess was part of the Blackwell family (maybe Patricia's aunt/grandmother ?), but because she became crazy, it was "decided" to give to Patricia the family legacy with a new spirit guide?

But who know Dave has inside his mind. And of course, I would be sad to see Nishanti or the Dr Quentin becoming a medium.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:18:30 PM by frederic09 »

Offline Mister L

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 05:28:23 PM »
Say, is anyone else thinking, that the voice of the police-woman in the last 'breaking news' was the same who Gavin spoke on the phone to?  ???

And why did Joey said, that Inspector Durkin did look familiar (park scene)?
And how did Joey gave his life for Lisa's parents? So many questions unanswered...  :'(

Now I can't wait for the next Blackwell-Game!
Please Dave, don't work on something else, his is such an awesome adventure-series. Please never stop doing this! It's your DESTINY;D

DaniDBR

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »
Mister L,I thought so too! And what's worse:that woman seems to be the leader of Gavin's organization and she works for the police! I have a feeling Rosa and Joey are going to be in some serious trouble in the next episode  :P

mechaguess

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »

This one at least isn't unanswerable. :) Joey has come across Sam Durkin before, although not in person. In Blackwell Unbound, he saw a picture of Durkin with his mother, Mavis Wilcox, the purple ghost who haunted the building site and he also heard Lauren speak with Durkin on the phone about his mother.

Shaay

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 06:27:26 PM »

This one at least isn't unanswerable. :) Joey has come across Sam Durkin before, although not in person. In Blackwell Unbound, he saw a picture of Durkin with his mother, Mavis Wilcox, the purple ghost who haunted the building site and he also heard Lauren speak with Durkin on the phone about his mother.

Haha, I didn't remember that... I thought it was an inside joke being that Sam Durkin was the detective from the Shivah although I guess it's that too... I have a question about that then, though. If Lauren contacted Durkin and told him her name (I can't remember the exact dialogue but remembering the general manner from the game I assumed she did) did Durkin recognize Rosa's last name when she met him in Deception? If so did that maybe have an affect on his decesion to help Rosa out with Jaime in addition to the fact that she helped him identitfy Jermey... I hope Durkin makes a return appearance in the next game :) I like how Dave connected back to both ghosts in Unbound with the children; Durkin and Ken Sharpe :)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:27 AM »
Durkin will always be back. :)

CrimsonKnight

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 08:46:22 PM »
Well, my thought is that Madeline's old 'host' is dead, and when a Medium dies, the ghost moves on to a relative, so that's what happened
I agree, spirit guides seem to be passed down through bloodlines. Madeline likely went to the next closest relative of the countess, or is stuck haunting the place the countess is buried. ooh, spooky.
i doubt Rosa would be able to handle 2 sprit guides.
True, three would seem crowded in her apartment, though it would give Madeline the chance to "tutor" Joey in his spirit guide duties.

Idea:  Madeline gets "attached" to a boy medium, and he and Rosa meet, fall in love and merge bloodlines.
I felt really angry at Gavin too and then he died and everyone was happy. (I think)
I thought that part was very well executed as well, I had a "yes! take that" moment when he "died".