Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Deception Help (Possible spoilers?)  (Read 79472 times)

epidion

Re: Blackwell Deception Help (Possible spoilers?)
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »
sarahewarren:
(highlight to read)
Showing the press pass to the receptionist at STP should have enabled a new dialog option ("Blackmail", or something) outside of your notes.  I think I only showed him the pass after I'd exhausted every other option, to the point where all I could talk about was the company's reputation.  The goal isn't to get inside the office, but to get the receptionist to divulge something "confidential".
Hope this helps; if not, try loading from an earlier save, as there may be a specific order in which to do things.

Dave:
I think you've outdone yourself.  I just love how deep and dark the series has become (and is still becoming!), and I'd like to point out especially how refreshing it is to be playing games whose endings leave one wanting more, but also serve as perfectly great endings in their own right. That strikes me as a rare thing in today's industry, where games are often released unfinished and the player is forced to either remain dissatisfied with their endings and wait until the next iteration, or to buy downloadable content.  Forgive my preachiness, but there's something to be said when a game ends exactly as it should; it's clearly a labor of love, and not of profit.  (It's also amazing writing, as others have said.)
Thanks for all you've done, and all you continue to do.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:33:49 PM by epidion »

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »
Whew. Finaly finished the complete walkthrough to Blackwell Deception. I don't know when i'll post it. But atleast if someon is stuck I have the complete solution to the game to refrence. (PS. Dave if your reading this I love the remixed music of the Blackwell theme in Munray's I can listen to it for hours)
Also I know it might sound silly, But it it would have been cool if the Limited Edition DVD Ultimate Blackwell Collection came with a  Glow in the Dark Rosangela Blackwell business card. Would make a nice collectors item to true hardcore blackwell fans.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:01:44 PM by Darkwolf »

Shaay

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
I'm stuck on Tiffany's case. I already finished Jaime, but now I've asked Tiffany everything in my notes but she says to bug off. I see a letter in her mailbox, but I can't get to it. I found the paper that says STP on it, but I don't know how to find out what that means. When I talk to the Barista in the cafe, the only option is to buy a cup of coffee, in which Rosa says she'll get one later. What do I do now?

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2011, 09:14:14 PM »
Heres what you do: Theres 3 things you need to do. one is to look at the photo on the shelf in tiff's room. use the combine in your notes to find out that R. Abu is  Rachel Abu. and talk to her at the cafe and ask about tiff. once you do that she'll tell you about the temp agency. combine STP with the temp agency.

Shaay

« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »
Thanks Darkwolf! I finished the game! Slightly omnious ending, and I can't wait for more!

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »
It'll be a while before dave works on another Blackwell. Hes taking a break and going to work on something else. But there will definatly be more. Glad I was of some help.

Offline Jackie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2011, 02:46:36 AM »
He has plans for at least 2 more Blackwell games.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2011, 08:35:19 AM »
Wow, amazing thread.  This is the first time that I've been unable to keep up with the forum posts. :-D

Yeah, I think I'm going to try and do a non-Blackwell game next, just to cleanse the creative pallet (to use an artsy phrase).  Every internal game I've done since 2006 has been a Blackwell, so maybe it's time to show I can do something else. :-D

epidion:
Thanks!  Comments like yours are the main reason why I make these games in the first place. ;)

Offline Mister L

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »
Madison Haines problem - I don't get it.  :-\
I've read here, that she's supposed to leave the room to go to dinner with her husband. How does this happen?!? I got the key. What now?  :o

@Mr. Gilbert: Please don't stop making Blackwell-Games! I just love them!  8)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:06:12 PM by Mister L »

Offline sarahewarren

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »
@ epidion--thanks for the reply...however, I've done everything you asked and still nothing else pops up in the coversation between Rose and the STP guy.  Showing the presspass (after talking about everything of course) makes him tell me he's definately not gonna say anything more.  I've combined everything in my notes for every possible clue...still nothing.  I am literally going nuts here!

Anyone want to post or email (to sarahewarren@hotmail.com) their walkthrough to me?  Please please?  I think I'm just gonna start all over b/c I am dying to finish this friggin' game!!!

Thanks in advance... :'(

Sol

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:35 PM »
Hi sarahewarren, what about this (please highlight to see):
Talk again to Tiffany and Rachel about Ken - maybe you need to be sure he had a connection to STP?

I finished the game yesterday (jeopardizing my work a bit :P )and I'm amazed with the whole emotional story. And now it's raining outside and I feel like going through the first three games again...

Offline Livie

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2011, 03:16:14 PM »
Oh wow! I just finished, and I enjoyed it very much. Joey and Rosa were more Joey and Rosa than ever, we get to ponder upon whether ghosts can get it on and we know that the road ahead is going to get much more challanging for our intrepid pair.
Like others, I liked that the game had a proper conclusion, and yet smoothly intimated that there will be more to come. I realize that's a well-known fact for anyone who's read this forum, seen Daves tweets or read his blog, but for a newcomer to the series it's a good way to establish the potential.
Oh and the twist after the credits? Did not see that coming!

Offline Mister L

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2011, 06:47:42 AM »
I'm still stuck. Rosa won't enter Madison Haines appartment, she doesn't leave!
I got the key from the old ladys room and Joey says we shoud use it
. How do I get in?

Sol

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2011, 09:43:30 AM »
Haha welcome to the early-key-getters' club, Mister L :P
--> If you tried to talk to Madison and Penelope and you can't ask them anything you will need to restart/ or go back to earlier save. Talk to both till you will be told about the pendant and Madisson will mention going out for dinner. ONLY THEN go get the key and go back to the apartment, that should be now empty and locked.

And I replayed the previous games today. I love Joey - why all the great guys are either married or dead?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:47:07 AM by Sol »

Offline Mister L

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
Oh, so it's a bug?!?  :-\
Thanks for letting me know!
Damn, I should've remembered Al Lowe's saying: save early - save often.

Now I have to start all over again.  :(
Well, it's a great game, so I don't mind. Hope this gets fixed soon.  ::)