Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Only the dead know  (Read 3076 times)

Offline GaryCXJk

• View Profile
Only the dead know
« on: December 28, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
So, after playing the four Blackwell games, I was left wondering with a few questions. Questions which will never be answered, but most of all, questions I don't just want to have answered just yet. Perhaps in the future, in a future Blackwell game or something, perhaps even never. That's part of the mystery that the series has.

So, here are some questions I have after playing through the series.

How would Rosa's life be if she had a more social life, or, more specifically a life partner?
Aside from the unfortunate implications of knowing there's always a dead man listening next to your bedroom, how would Rosa maintain such a life? Would she even be able to raise any children? I mean, there are some things you can't hide from people, especially your own offspring, like being a medium. And kids especially can't keep certain things silent.

Also, just look at the Blackwell Deception. There were some cases where a business card was given or could be given, and in those cases, the receiving side would imply that he or she thought Rosa was a wacko.

If Rosa died, where would Joey go? What would happen to Rosa?
First of all, in this case we assume that Rosa did not die after becoming looney bin material, but rather of other causes, like, during the job being hit by a garbage truck or a steam roller. Or something less drastic, like a gunshot to the head or an arrow to the knee (before you ask, tetanus). Worst case scenario, she would die of old age.

Now first of all, we don't know if Rosa had relatives, so let's assume she doesn't. Would Joey just go to a random person or would he just stop being a spirit guide? I mean, if Rosa had close relatives, the issue would be easily resolved, but we assumed she didn't.

And what about Rosa herself? Would she just cross over herself? I mean, when dying of old age that would be relatively easy, since there would probably be no ghost. But what happens in any other case?

Apparently both the previous Blackwells had some unresolved ghost issues. Why aren't there ghosts left? Are there ghosts of them?
Patricia Blackwell became mad because she ignored her calling. Lauren Blackwell stopped helping ghosts to focus more on raising Rosangela. I don't think they really wanted to depart just yet. However, is it possible we don't see ghosts of them because either they were mediums or because they died crazy? Or do ghosts work in mysterious ways? Will we ever see them again? Won't we ever see them again?

How do other mediums and spirit guides guide spirits to their destination?
We all know that Joey uses his tie to form a link between medium and guide. However, as far as we know not every ghost wears a tie. Also, there was this spoilery thing somewhere at the end of the Blackwell Deception, which some of you might recall.

So, how DO other spirit guides do it?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the series. The only reason I even started to play the games was because of the fact that the main character wore glasses. True story!

Offline Shany

• View Profile
Re: Only the dead know
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »
If Rosa died, where would Joey go?
This has actually been asked before on the forum. Apparently, Rosa has some relatives in Italy (if you remember, her mother was Italian) so Joey would probably move on to one of them.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Only the dead know
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 03:13:58 PM »
And learn Italian very quickly!