Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Convergence  (Read 5646 times)

Offline Beetryin

• View Profile
Blackwell Convergence
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
can some one please help me I have played both Blackwell games and I would like to finish them all.However on this last game I have been getting errors and I can't play it at all.

There was a problem initializing graphics mode 640 x 400 (32-bit).
(Problem: 'Failed to create Direct3D Device: 0x8876086C')
Try to correct this problem, or seek help from the AGS* homepage.

Possible causes:
*you graphics card rivers do not support this resolution. Run the game setup program and try the other resolution.
*the graphics filter you have selected does not work. Try another filter.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell Convergence
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »
Hi there!  This is a very common problem with a very easy fix.  Check out this thread for a solution: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.0

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

-Dave

Offline Beetryin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »
How do I do this?:  Go into the game’s directory and run the “winsetup.exe” file, You will see a section called “graphics driver.”

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:41:48 PM »
By "game's directory" I mean the folder that the game is stored in.  By default, it should be "C:\Program Files\The Blackwell Convergence".  The winsetup.exe file should be in there.

-Dave

Offline Abby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »
Thank you very much for this fix! I recently started having this issue, and it has been quite the nuisance! I had suspected that there was something more serious going on, like a hardware problem or something. I had even found a repair shop with good reviews on angies list and was prepared to take it in to get fixed. Fortunately I found this thread before being committed to pay for someone else to look at it. I tried your fix and it's working perfectly now! I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:40:49 AM by Abby »